Saturday Seven

cookie addiction recipe

We made it to another weekend! We’re taking advantage of the long weekend and are up in the Poconos. Well, actually, we’re on the drive up right now but when you read this– we’ll be there soaking up the winter-but-it-actually-feels-like-spring goodness. I needed a break from my manuscript. I’m in the homestretch. I have about 12 recipes out of 75 left, but the majority of the work on my shoulders is writing the introduction pages. I always save those for last as I review the manuscript in full and pull it all together.

But first, I had to climb out of my cookie hole and get away for a few days. The cookies above are the same cookies I shared on Instagram last weekend. It’s a new chocolate chip cookie recipe I created for Sally’s Cookie Addiction, which will be published this Fall. They’ve got these crazy crisp edges but a tender center. Right now we’re deciding on cookbook cover designs. Once the cover is finalized, I’ll have some pre-order info for you and a BONUS gift for everyone who pre-orders! More on that in several weeks so stay tuned.

Let’s rewind to this past week!

1) We were total old farts and stayed in on Valentine’s Day. We made dinner (summer rolls & peanut sauce and some leftover sweet chili chicken. so random.), watched a movie, and were in bed by 9:30. PS: here are 5 gorgeous colorful spring rolls recipes if you love them like I do!

2) I had 5 recipe fails this week, which is much more than usual. I felt completely defeated, but then I made this chocolate bundt cake with cream cheese and salted caramel. That combination just always wins!

3) Bookmarked this week: 5 creamy desserts made with avocado, dark chocolate brownies, peanut butter Oreos (homemade), perfect party frosting (so pretty!), and how adorable are these animal decorated cupcakes? The monkey!!

4) Did you watch the Grammy’s last weekend? Despite my love for both Adele and Beyonce, I was totally cheering for Lemonade to win album of the year! But both women absolutely killed it that night with their performances, immense talent, and class.

5) I brought my book on vacation this weekend– 19 Minutes. You were right, I never want to put it down! I still have all of your suggestions for my next book in 2017, but here’s a list of 7 discussion-worthy books to read if you need some inspo for your next read, especially if you’re in a book club. And here are 6 more!

6) What are some lifestyle/inspiration blogs or websites you follow? Looking to expand my online reading from mostly food and photography to reads that nourish the mind and soul!

7) New video for salted caramel dark chocolate cookies!

I have a healthier recipe coming on Monday!! It’s been too long. Have a great one!

Comments

1. heather (delicious not gorgeous) on February 18, 2017 at 12:57 am

i think it’s weird that for once the east coast is having better weather than southern california (24mph winds and almost non-stop rain since 3pm…). hope you get a chance to relax and recharge before finishing strong!

2. Reshana on February 18, 2017 at 1:01 am

Hi Sally

I follow vexking on instagram. He is a mind coach and whenever I read his posts, I always feel so inspired! Go check it out.

Good luck with rest of your manuscript and have a wonderful weekend away!

Xx

3. Patricia @Sweet and Strong on February 18, 2017 at 8:43 am

I’m so excited for different chocolate chip cookie recipes.  It’s so weird how you sometimes you crave a soft cookie, sometimes crunchy, and other times you want BOTH!  Enjoy your weekend!  I can’t believe how warm it is on the east coast!

4. Emilia on February 18, 2017 at 9:09 am

Hi Sally! Happy to hear the book is coming along and that you’re taking a nice break – breaks are key to productivity, I like to think. I’m super excited about Monday’s recipe, as I’m trying to cut back on baking due to waistline reasons (I know, no fun!) so all I can do is feast upon your wonderful and delicious recipes with my eyes. Have a wonderful and peaceful (or exciting? I’m not very exciting, so I like peaceful) weekend!

5. Hil on February 18, 2017 at 10:01 am

My favorite blog is Cup of Jo. It’s the perfect combination of light-hearted posts (house tours! jewelry! trader joes shopping lists!) and deeper conversations (diversity, religion, family, etc.) I find the comment section alone is a worthy read- lots of interesting and respectful conversation there.

Also just wanted to say that my husband requested snickerdoodles for his birthday so I made your thick and puffy ones. They were absolutely amazing- not too sweet and full of cinnamon-y goodness.

6. Patrice on February 18, 2017 at 10:50 am

Sally, I read and highly recommend Hands Free Mama. Truly an amazing blog. Enjoy the Poconos! I’m sick on the couch. Yuck!

7. Hayley on February 18, 2017 at 11:21 am

Happy long weekend Sally. Looking forward to the cookbook (and love all the sneak peeks of it on Instagram!) and as usual, the rest of the recipes on your blog. Those peanut butter oreos look amazing, but my favourite variety is double stuf golden oreos! I don’t follow very many lifestyle or healthy blogs either so if you end up finding a good one, mention it! Can’t wait for a healthier recipe on Monday; I need a bit of a break from all this sugar & chocolate! 🙂

8. Shafna on February 18, 2017 at 11:25 am

Christaljoe.com  just found it..and it’s been a gem..

9. Mary Thornton on February 18, 2017 at 2:07 pm

This look delicious.

10. Izzy Bruning on February 18, 2017 at 2:14 pm

Looking forward to seeing all the food to come!
    I am totally loving find all new food bloggers on instagram and have totally fallen in love with posting myself! x
    Izzy |https://pinchofdelight.wordpress.com

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Thanks Izzy!

11. Karen Simon Peterson on February 18, 2017 at 3:59 pm

I recommend the blog Fresh Exchange if you want thoughtful musings. Mostly, I read food blogs but this one is a gem. Have a lovely weekend!

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:23 pm

Thanks for the recommendation!

12. Joan. Wescott on February 18, 2017 at 4:35 pm

I love your recipes.  I would like to know how I can order some of your cookbooks.  Your new chocolate chip cookie recipe sounds wonderful!  I would like to pre-order it.
    I’m also looking for bran muffin recipe.
    Do you have a way to change a muffin recipe so you can make big muffins.  I make some with my mother’s recipe and cooked it longer.  It came out too dry.
    I really enjoy seeing your recipes.  How can I order your cookbooks and how can I preorder your new book.

You deserve a relaxing  vacation.  Thank you for making your great recipes to us.

13. Luci @ The Inkling Endeavor on February 18, 2017 at 10:13 pm

I too am crushing on avocado sweets lately. As for books, I HIGHLY recommend “The Night Circus” by Erin Morgenstern if you have not read it. It is a magical read and truly one of the best books I have read in a while.

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:17 pm

Thanks for the recommendation!!

14. Mandy Thorne on February 19, 2017 at 5:19 am

Pictures look fab
    Where are the ingredients
    I click on the picture not even the method comes up

15. Chloe Campbell on February 19, 2017 at 4:02 pm

Hello Sally!
    I love your blog and your amazing talent with cooking and photography. My friends and I use your cookbooks constantly and recently enjoyed making your mocha chocolate truffles from the candy addiction cook book. It is soooo much fun to take a break from nursing school and enjoy your recipes with my friends and sisters.

I hope you enjoy this blog as much as I do, it’s called the truewoman blog from an inspirational speaker named Nancy DeMoss Wolgemoth. https://www.reviveourhearts.com/truewoman/blog
    It has been a source of inspiration for me and I hope you check it out and love it as much as I do!

Oh and you might like reading Ree Drummond’s blog- http://thepioneerwoman.com she has an amazing sense of humor that never fails to make me smile 🙂

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:17 pm

I’ll check out revive our hearts– thank you!

16. Sara @ Last Night's Feast on February 19, 2017 at 4:51 pm

I’m glad you’re enjoying the weekend! We had the nicest weather down here in Virginia– a nice spring teaser and just gorgeous. I’ve have a lot of recipe fails this week, too! One bundt cake that looked bad but tasted good, plus another easter dessert that looked great but tasted bad…and homemade sour cream– maybe somethings are better left storebought? Haha

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:14 pm

Good for you for attempting homemade sour cream though!!

17. Audrey Harmon on February 19, 2017 at 6:30 pm

I’m simply not sure how you could make your other perfect cc cookie recipe any better? Are you going to make my mind implode? Can’t wait.

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:13 pm

A different ratio of ingredients with a couple added and you’ll LOVE this new CCC recipe! I can’t wait for the book to come out just for this recipe. 🙂

18. Jessica Kelly on February 19, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Happy Long weekend, Sally! It was my birthday yesterday and I made the Salted Caramel dark chocolate cookies, and the Ultimate Magic cookie bars for my party. Eyes were rolling back with delicious delight, let me tell you! SUCCESS!!!

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:12 pm

doesn’t get any better than those ultimate magic bars!

19. Jennifer on February 19, 2017 at 8:24 pm

These cookies look incredible! I am looking forward to making them!

20. Ann Otis on February 19, 2017 at 9:28 pm

Hi Sally! For lifestyle blogs, I love A Cup of Jo, and Cupcakes and Cashmere. Congrats on almost finishing the book. Can’t wait to see it. You’ve inspired me for years 🙂

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:11 pm

Just bookmarked a cup of jo the other day! Thanks Ann!

21. Rae on February 19, 2017 at 10:54 pm

Your blog is so positive, happy and a fun read everytime. (Not to mention all the amazing recipes!!) Definitely check out http://annvoskamp.com for some heart-engaging and thought-provoking reads about living a life of thankfulness.
    The way Ann writes is very artful and very thoughtful. I think you will enjoy it.

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:09 pm

Thanks for this reading suggestion! I haven’t seen her blog before. Bookmarking it!

22. Sheryl on February 20, 2017 at 2:34 am

I’m very excited for your new cookie book!

23. Amy on February 20, 2017 at 10:04 am

Does this mean a photography post of the weekend? The Poconos are so gorgeous – I vote yes!

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:06 pm

I’ll have a new one up (finally!) this week!

24. Jillian @ jillianlolo.com on February 20, 2017 at 12:18 pm

I am SO excited that you decided to read a Jodi Picoult book! 19 Minutes is ones of my faves – I absolutely love her writing style! How are you liking it? 🙂

• Sally on February 20, 2017 at 1:06 pm

Like you, I LOVE the writing style in this book. It’s my first of Picoult’s books. It’s thrilling and exciting and I love how we dive deep into each character, at different points in their lives, to truly understand their web of actions and the emotions they feel at each point. It’s really opening my eyes to how teenage life has changed since I was that age.

25. Allison on February 21, 2017 at 10:56 am

CANNOT WAIT FOR NEW COOKBOOK TO COME!!!!!!!!!!! and I love that you put links to books. My two favorite pastimes, baking and reading!!!!!!! I can’t ask for more!! 🙂

26. Grace on February 21, 2017 at 1:40 pm

One of my favorite blogs (other than yours!) is Cup of Jo. It is honest, thoughtful, and insightful, but still fun!

Reviews