Happy weekend to you! I hope this post finds you well on a warm or, in my case, pretty chilly Saturday morning.
Not as chilly as it was over in Minnesota earlier this week, though. I went on a quick 36 hour trip to General Mills headquarters! In the middle of that whirlwind trip, I discovered how quickly I can separate the marshmallows from the Lucky Charms cereal. Seriously, my fingers are fast! The point of the trip was to learn about the sustainability efforts as well as the health and wellness goals the company strives towards, but it was lovely to learn about my lucky charms marshmallow separation talent.
1) Recipes I bookmarked this week: green goddess kale power salad for lunch (always on the hunt for delish kale salads!), bunny ear cake (oh the cuteness!), no-bake cookie bars with chocolate cherries + chia seeds, no-bake oatmeal raisin cookie energy bites (right up our raisin loving alleys!), and birthday cake roll!!
2) I have a giveaway happening now for my first 2 cookbooks!
3) Random question. Have you ever made sushi at home? Like, do you have a sushi making kit? Which do you have? Are they annoying or fun? 😉
4) There’s been some buzz about new Oreo flavors coming! Sorry, nothing beats the peanut butter Oreo, right?
5) We’re still working on the house after moving in last June. While the kitchen was remodeled last summer, we have dreams of finishing the basement and a pool someday. Those are future projects in later years, of course. But for now we are working on adding some color to the walls! It’s a timber frame home, so it’s all very… brown. The walls are all beige right now. I’m thinking light gray for bedrooms? What about the laundry room? I’m bad at this.
6) In case you missed it, here is March’s baking challenge recipe!
7) Looking forward to a quick trip to Deep Creek Lake in a couple weeks! It’s our favorite spot– where Kevin proposed. We’re going there as a this-cookie-cookbook-is-finished celebration! I, of course, have to finish the Cookie Addiction manuscript first. It’s been incredibly challenging and I have zero life right now, but ahhhhh it will all be so very worth it. ♥
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.