Sneak Peek: Sally’s Cookie Addiction

sallys cookie addiction-8

My manuscript deadline is approaching at ultra high electric mixer speed. So don’t mind me as I procrastinate and show you pictures of recipes in the upcoming book.

sallys cookie addiction-2

I’ve been working on this beast since last July, easing into it ever so gently. It usually takes me a few months to get into my cookbook writing groove. Then, like a snap of a gingersnap, I turn into full-blown beast mode. That beast came out in November as I began ferociously testing and retesting new cookie recipes to fill the pages in this book. I’m like that in most areas of my life. It takes me awhile to get used to something– a new song, a morning run, a new food– but once I hear it a few times, am running for a few minutes, or eat the food for the 2nd time, I’m ALL in. Same goes with work. I produce my best work, cookbook or blog, when I’m under pressure and working my hardest. Are you like this too in your career or life?

I’ve been photographing at least 4x per week and, naturally, left it to the past few weeks to edit said photos. Now I’ve been looking at cookies 24/7 and see chocolate chips in my sleep. Wait, I always see chocolate chips in my sleep. Baking is life.

The book writing process hasn’t been as challenging as it’s been in the past. Perhaps because I’ve done it before or because cookies are my comfort? The challenging part has simply been the workload. Slowly but surely, I’m getting there.

I should be because my deadline is THIS SUNDAY.

sallys cookie addiction-4

sallys cookie addiction-5

sallys cookie addiction-3

sallys cookie addiction-7

Let’s talk about what’s in the book! Here’s what I know so far: we have the cover designed and are working on page spreads. The book will be set up like Sally’s Baking Addiction and Sally’s Candy Addiction with a photo for every single recipe and plenty of tips, tricks, and notes sprinkled throughout. The Amazon cover you see is not the actual cover. Hello my big face. And, on Amazon, you’ll see the book is for pre-order! I encourage you to wait until April to pre-order only because I have bonus cookie recipes for you. I’ll publish that big pre-order announcement in April, so stay tuned! If you already pre-ordered or want to soon, no worries! Just hold onto your emailed receipt. More on pre-order + bonus recipes next month.

There are 8 chapters in this book and 75 total cookie recipes. Besides traditional cookies, there is also cookie bars, my favorite shortbread, meringues, no-bakes, thumbprints, biscotti, cookie cups, and more. A few classic cookie recipes that are published on my blog will also be published in the book with a couple tweaks, added notes, and new photography. Recipes like sugar cookies, gingerbread, and chocolate chip cookies. Cant publish a cookie book without those staples! But the other 70+ are exclusive to this cookbook and I’m extremely proud to unveil each. I’m confident about each and every single recipe and even enlisted a few friends to help test out in their own kitchens. It’s been fun getting the feedback and reworking recipes where need be.

sallys cookie addiction-9

sallys cookie addiction

I won’t be going on a 18+ city book tour for this cookbook because (1) MAN that was exhausting last time! and (2) for a reason I’ll tell you about soon! But I hope to visit some places for a couple events here and there if I can. 🙂

I can’t wait until you start baking these cookies, which will be just in time for Fall and holiday baking. The cookbook publish date is September 15th! But, like I mention above, I have bonus recipes for you to begin baking this spring. Stay tuned next month for a big pre-order announcement. Thank you for your endless support, dedication, and readership. You know I couldn’t do this without you.

sallys cookie addiction-6

Now, buh-bye until Monday morning!!!

Comments

1. Austria Azaceta on March 10, 2017 at 11:18 am

Hi Sally!
    I am so so excited for your new book!!! Cookie palooza is my favorite & now there will be a whole book of cookies!! I look forward to the christmas chapter…. 🙂  Will definitely be preordering in April!! Good luck finishing this weekend!!

2. Jennifer C on March 10, 2017 at 11:20 am

Those are some gorgeous cookie photos, I literally drooled over a few of them. I’m the same, I do my best work under the pressure of a looming deadline. I’d even say I thrive when I’m slaving away to beat the clock. Can’t wait for the new book!!!

3. Rosa on March 10, 2017 at 11:25 am

I’m so excited and cannot wait to get my hands on this book! Now, do I preorder through Amazon or wait till you come by our city in Austin and purchase it then? Or both?

• Sally on March 13, 2017 at 9:37 am

I suggest pre-ordering through Amazon 🙂

• Rosa on March 13, 2017 at 6:29 pm

Okie dokie! Cannot wait! Thank you again, Sally!

4. Allison on March 10, 2017 at 11:25 am

Can’t wait for this cookbook! I have already worked my way through your other two but I must say that I am the most excited for this one! Congrats on almost finishing your third cookbook – how amazing!!

5. Shannon on March 10, 2017 at 11:33 am

What an exciting time for you, Sally! Can’t wait for this book!!!

6. Allison Ferraro on March 10, 2017 at 11:50 am

I’m always fascinated to hear about the cookbook writing process when my favorite bloggers announce they’re working on a cookbook. I’m glad to hear that you have photos for all of the recipes in the book – that’s a must for me! Can’t wait to get my hands on this book come fall so that I can go crazy baking cookies for the holidays!

Best of luck meeting your deadline this weekend!

xx Allison
    alwayseatdessert.com

• Sally on March 10, 2017 at 12:21 pm

Thank you so much, Allison! This one has been really fun so far! I hope you love it when it comes out 🙂

7. Sandy on March 10, 2017 at 11:53 am

Those pictures convinced me! I’m getting the book to give as a gift. Do you know if the April pre-order price will be the same as it is currently? It’s a great price right now, but I’ll wait until April for the bonuses if it’s going to stay that price.
    Cookies are my absolute favorite thing to make – and eat!
    And I do not do well under time pressure – slow and steady for me. 🙂

• Sally on March 11, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Hi Sandy! You can pre-order NOW and hold onto your emailed receipt. sometime in April, I will be sending bonus recipes to anyone who pre-orders! So you can do so now but hold onto the receipt 🙂

8. Lisa L. on March 10, 2017 at 11:59 am

Hmm….a new cookie book, and a little cookie in the oven perhaps????

9. Stella @ Stellicious Life on March 10, 2017 at 12:03 pm

Congrats Sally, I’m sure it will be stunning, the sneak peek photos are gorgeous!! Cozrage, Sunday will be here and over soon, and then you can rest 🙂

I have my suspicions as to 2) 😉

Have a wonderful weekend! *hugs*

• Katie on March 10, 2017 at 3:47 pm

Can’t wait for the new book – you have surely grown my love for baking cookies. – and I too have my suspicions for reason #2!

10. Roseanne on March 10, 2017 at 12:09 pm

Love the shot of Franklin sniffing the cookies. ~smile~ He raises a paw to be your always first official taster . . . These ALL look delicious. I will be happy to pre-order in April, and can take a guess at 2). ~smile~ Exciting times for you! {{Hugs}}

11. Ann on March 10, 2017 at 12:23 pm

Yay Sally! Looking forward to adding this book to my cookie baking collection! 🙂

12. Laura | Tutti Dolci on March 10, 2017 at 12:52 pm

Now I’m officially craving *all the cookies*! What an incredible sneak peek, can’t wait for this! 🙂

13. Lucy on March 10, 2017 at 12:53 pm

I am so glad to hear there is a picture for every recipe that really helps. Best of luck finishing.

14. Sara Lee on March 10, 2017 at 1:46 pm

Oohh-cant wait for this book as I am a cookie lover as well!!!! What a exciting time for you–congrats!!!! Cant wait for announcement number 2-best wishes 🙂

15. Erin Drum on March 10, 2017 at 1:57 pm

Woooo! So excited for this book and for YOU! You’re a rockstar. xoxo

16. Sally on March 10, 2017 at 2:04 pm

SO excited about this!! Your cookie recipes are what really made me fall in love with baking, so I’m so excited to dive into all the new recipes!! Godspeed for these last few days!!

17. Trish on March 10, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I can’t wait for your new book and your second announcement! Have a great weekend!

18. Tina L on March 10, 2017 at 3:08 pm

Because of you Sally, I cook. I usually share your treats at work and now everyone thinks I’m some Master Baker. GOOD LUCK with the new book 🙂

19. Megan on March 10, 2017 at 3:09 pm

I can’t wait Sally! You are a delight and I love following your blog.

20. Wendy on March 10, 2017 at 3:23 pm

I already pre-ordered!! Was wondering if the pre-ordering announcements/info are valid if we pre-order your book from outside US (I live in Canada!). Can’t wait for your new book!

• Sally on March 11, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Definitely valid in Canada! Hold onto your receipt if you can 🙂

21. Kelly @ Kelly Lynns Sweets and Treats on March 10, 2017 at 3:37 pm

Super excited for your new book! I have your other two and LOVE them. As a new blogger I look up to you and you are my inspiration!! Congrats on the book and you’re other announcement Xoxo

22. Theodora on March 10, 2017 at 3:53 pm

I am definitely pre-ordering your book and can’t wait for it to become as dirty with butter chocolate and flour as your baking addiction!

• Sally on March 11, 2017 at 7:43 am

Cookbook pages splattered with flour and chocolate is always a good thing. 😉

23. Zoe Skaggs on March 10, 2017 at 4:46 pm

Yay! Absolutely cannot wait for the book to come out, and I definitely want to pre-order!
    By the way, dog bone cookies=so cute!

• Sally on March 11, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Had to include a recipe for the pups

24. Sara @ Last Night's Feast on March 10, 2017 at 5:22 pm

Ok, the first ones –some kind of monster cookie, and the peanut butter cookies…I’m dying to see what these are because they look so good!

25. Sharon on March 10, 2017 at 6:14 pm

Yes, I am like that. Tell me a project has to be finished in one month and I CAN’T get it done! Tell me it has to be done by tomorrow, and I’m all over it! Gotta have that pressure.

26. Stephanie on March 10, 2017 at 6:51 pm

SALLY! okay so i’m obviously EXTREMELY excited for your new cookbook! especially because we are taste bud twins! buuuut can i just say i am pretty sure i know what your new announcement is and i am THRILLED! i’m seriously so happy for you Sally! congratulations on everything and good luck with your deadline 🙂

excited to see what new cookie recipes you’ve come up with cause i thought you’d already thought of them all!

• Sally on March 11, 2017 at 7:39 am

When I began developing the table of contents I thought that too– I think I’ve made all the cookies! But once I began brainstorming, the ideas flowed in. I even had to cut some recipes because I had too many cookie ideas!!

27. Melissa on March 10, 2017 at 7:32 pm

I AM SO EXCITED!!!

Okay, let’s go back to being human now, and less “cookie monster.” Congratulations on almost finishing! The pictures look *amazing*, and I cannot wait to pre-order (and then obviously to receive) the cookbook and bake all the cookies. Cookies are life.

I’ve been a longtime fan and was totally starstruck when last meeting you on your book tour (must’ve seemed really stupid, I’m pretty sure I mumbled and didn’t have words come out properly); I am just so happy for your success and so grateful for your recipes.

Thank you for being you!! Have a lovely weekend! Can’t wait to hear about your news about (2)!!

• Sally on March 11, 2017 at 7:38 am

Thank you for the support and for coming out to a book tour stop last time!!! 🙂

28. Laura L on March 10, 2017 at 10:05 pm

Can’t wait to pre-order!!

29. Nurfatma Perveen on March 11, 2017 at 2:39 am

Aww Sally, I cannot wait for the new cookbook. In the meantime, I have been busy making a ton of cookie recipes from your blog like the double chocolat crinkle cookies.

I recently managed to get my hands on your candy addiction cookbook and it was amazing! Can’t wait to make those lemon cream pie truffles.

Wishing you luck on finishing this cookbook and can’t wait for September to arrive!

• Sally on March 11, 2017 at 7:36 am

I think those lemon cream pie truffles are my favorite in that chapter. Those or the chai tea latte truffles!

30. Ginger on March 11, 2017 at 10:01 pm

Anything gluten free?!?!

• Sally on March 13, 2017 at 9:37 am

There are a couple naturally flourless cookie recipes in this upcoming cookbook, yes!

Reviews