2 Quick & Easy Pasta Salad Recipes

Two super easy and quick summer pasta salad recipes on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Facebook LIVE alert! I’m going live today, Weds May 17, on my Facebook page at 1pm ET. This is a super fun one! We’re making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and chewy chocolate chunk cookies. Learn all my secrets for how I shape the cookie dough to make them look gorgeous, every time. I’m so excited– see you soon!

Kale pesto mozzarella pasta salad is an easy summer pasta salad! It's absolutely delicious, feeds a crowd, and you can make it ahead. Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com

But right now let’s focus on p-a-s-t-a! Delicious + summery easy pasta salads.

Today is a product of my indecisiveness. I spent 3 weeks trying to figure out which savory and utterly delicious pasta salad to share with you before Memorial Day. I made two. I loved both. I photographed both. Loved all the pictures. Threw up my arms and gave up. So you’re getting both today.

You can imagine how long it took me to decide on paint colors for our house.

(eye roll)

Creamy strawberry feta pasta salad is an easy summer pasta salad! It's super flavorful, feeds a crowd, and you can make it ahead. Recipe on sallysbakingaddiction.com

So here’s the deal. Today we have:

1. Kale Pesto Mozzarella Pasta Saladclick here for the recipe!
  2. Creamy Strawberry Feta Pasta Saladclick here for the recipe!

I created separate posts to share these two pasta salad recipes so they’d be easily accessible if you’re searching through my savory recipe archive.

The kale pesto mozzarella pasta salad is fabulous because the kale pesto itself is addicting. I’ve made the pesto 4 times in the past month– I use it for warm pasta, cold pasta salads, on pizza, smeared on grilled chicken and salmon. It’s even lose-your-mind unbelievable spread on toast. Yes, toast can be lose-your-mind unbelievable. Paired with fresh mozzarella, pine nuts, and tomatoes– it’s a home run pasta salad that will RULE your summertime spread. Trust me.

The creamy strawberry feta pasta salad is fabulous because it’s exploding with flavor and texture. We’re talking crunchy almonds + romaine intertwined with creamy avocado and mountains of juicy sweet strawberries. It’s a pasta salad for those of us who like “pasta salad stuff” more than the actual pasta. And the homemade poppy seed dressing is on the healthier side (compared to store-bought) and is made from Greek yogurt! Nailed it.

You can see why I couldn’t choose between the two. So pretty!

Calling it now: I’m going to live on these pasta salads all summer. They’re so simple and keep for days in the fridge for a quick and flavorful lunch. Let me know which you try first. Hopefully you have a better time deciding which you want more!

Kale pesto mozzarella pasta salad:

Creamy strawberry feta pasta salad:

See you at 1pm ET on Facebook today!

PS: here are the bowls I use in these photos 🙂

Posted in

Comments

1. Jenny from jennyisbaking.com on May 17, 2017 at 1:10 am

They do look delicious! Especially the one with strawberries. I will try it on the weekend.

• Sally on May 17, 2017 at 7:00 am

Let me know how you like it!

2. Andrea @ Cooking with a Wallflower on May 17, 2017 at 1:56 am

I love pasta salads! They’re generally easy to make and great for bringing to potluck. I can’t wait to try these versions of pasta salad. Both sound amazing and perfect for summer. I’m going to miss Facebook Live, but I really wish I could make it! Maybe next time.

3. Wendy on May 17, 2017 at 6:33 am

Ohhhhhh!! I am frustrated. I can’t view your recipes because when I press on the link it says “new tab” but nothing shows up!!! Any ideas???

• Sally on May 17, 2017 at 6:57 am

Hi Wendy! I just checked it 3x and seems to be working! Are you viewing on mobile or desktop? Can you try again?

4. Wendy on May 17, 2017 at 6:58 am

So sorry Sally. I just tried on my husbands computer and it worked fine. Time for a new computer!! Lol

• Sally on May 17, 2017 at 7:12 am

Oh wonderful– I was worried! 🙂

5. jess larson | plays well with butter on May 17, 2017 at 8:31 am

i am so excited for both of these recipes – i can’t decide which one to try first!! LOVE anything with pesto (& have a big jar of homemade pesto in my fridge right now), but also the combination of strawberries & feta is one that i adore. what’s a gal to do?! xx

• Sally on May 17, 2017 at 8:34 am

make both! 😉

6. Angela on May 17, 2017 at 10:24 am

Hello beautiful! Two quick things: 1- (nerd alert) where did you get your salad bowls??? I’m seriously lacking in cute bowls and with summer and picnic season coming up I am on the hunt! and 2- these look so good and I can’t wait to make both. IF you get sick of them (like that will happen!) you must check out Oh Sweet Basil’s Bowtie Chicken pasta- the combination of flavor and texture is out of this world! It’s the number one request people make of me for summer parties! I’m getting ready to make it for my future sis in law’s bridal shower in a couple of weeks!

• Sally on May 17, 2017 at 11:45 am

I love Oh Sweet Basil’s recipes! I’m going to check out her bowtie chicken pasta, thanks for the recommendation! And here are those bowls 🙂

7. Hayley on May 17, 2017 at 10:32 am

These both look absolutely delicious, Sally. I’m so ready for summer and all the pasta salads, garden salads and fruity desserts (no wonder I’m always so healthy in the summer months). I know a lot of people seem to think kale is “gross” but I love it – especially in salads! If you haven’t tried kale in other types of salads, I love tossing it with a little bit of romaine and tomatoes and making a Kale Caesar Salad… Not traditional, but still so good!

• Sally on May 17, 2017 at 12:21 pm

I agree – there are so many wonderful ways to enjoy kale! I love it too!

8. Sue on May 17, 2017 at 11:10 am

I love to stir fry chicken with Italian seasoning. Then I toss the chicken with basil pesto. Finally I toss the chicken pesto mixture with gnocchi. Ahhh, scrumptious.

• Sally on May 17, 2017 at 11:42 am

sounds so good– I love gnocchi!

9. Roseanne on May 17, 2017 at 11:58 am

Oh, Sally! These look delicious. Just perfect for all the upcoming fun weekends – pasta salads are perfect to throw together quickly ~smile~

10. Katie on May 17, 2017 at 12:17 pm

These look great! Thanks for the link for the cute bowls too. But I have to ask, where did you get your flatware? Love it!

• Sally on May 18, 2017 at 10:51 am

Thanks Katie! They’re from Anthropologie.

11. Shawnna Griffin on May 17, 2017 at 1:20 pm

hey girl- these salad’s look so yummy!

12. Blogtastic Food on May 17, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Thanks for sharing, they look great! I love the pesto one especially (:

13. phyllis on May 17, 2017 at 9:22 pm

They look delicious

14. Michelle @ Acupuncture Marketing on May 18, 2017 at 4:04 pm

Can’t wait to try the kale pesto salad! Looks amazing 🙂

15. Sara Lee on May 18, 2017 at 4:37 pm

Haha Sally-I can relate on the house colors. We have lived in our house now for 7 mos and I have yet to decide on my living room colors. That is my goal this summer so I can put my pictures up–tired of living in a bare house–oops

• Sally on May 19, 2017 at 9:49 am

Have fun decorating the walls!

16. Sara @ Last Night's Feast on May 18, 2017 at 6:04 pm

Perfection!!!

17. Colleen on May 19, 2017 at 12:42 pm

Found myself wanting pasta salad to go with dinner since it was so hot yesterday. I had no time to go to the store so I subbed spinach for the kale and left out the basil. Still delicious! Thanks for a great recipe!

18. Jean on May 24, 2017 at 1:01 am

I made the Creamy Strawberry Feta Pasta salad for a big (12 people) family dinner yesterday. I made it the day before which was very convenient. Served it with barbecue ribs and it was really delicious. Followed your recipe exactly. The dressing is really good. Thank you, Sally.

• Sally on May 24, 2017 at 12:29 pm

Sounds like my kind of family dinner! Glad you all liked it!

Reviews