A few of my friends are visiting this weekend and we’re digging right into the American flag pie I made on Facebook LIVE this week. That was filmed back on Monday, so I just froze the pie until last night. Stuck it in the fridge overnight and it’s sitting at room temperature until we start pigging out. Cannnnnnot wait.
These are my college girlfriends and with living in different states, busy work schedules, hectic lives, and starting families– it’s really hard to all get together. And, sadly, I feel like it gets more difficult to find time as we get older and responsibilities increase. So the weekends we do reunite are extra special and cherished. I haven’t seen them since I got pregnant in December!
Some things to share this week though!
1) Guess what! I’ll be back on Facebook LIVE this Wednesday and continue filming on Wednesdays at 1pm ET. Mark your calendars– on Wednesday I’m teaching you how to make royal icing to decorate summer-perfect sugar cookies. It will be a new recipe on my blog this Monday and I swear they’re so easy.
2) I’m making another batch of orange sweet rolls for breakfast this morning. (Pictured above!) Because orange sweet rolls > cinnamon rolls.
3) Have you seen this loaded peanut butter layer cake? Now THAT’S a sight for sore eyes! And while we’re on the subject of peanut butter, this chocolate peanut butter banana bread. I also want to try these delicious lemon brownies and how much fun are this stained glass jello stars for the 4th?
4) I’m weird and don’t watch a ton of TV, but I’m in need of a new series for the summer. Kevin and I both like comedy and drama, but we’re not too picky. We have Netflix. What should we start watching?
5) Quick read: 5 things you need to do right now to change your life. I’m working on #4. Mostly bucket list things I want to start as a family of 3. Ok, 5 if you count the pups!
6) What’s your favorite pie flavor of all time? Working on some new pie flavors and would love your ideas!
7) Um, have you seen this!? 24 layers!
Have a delicious weekend!
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.