Happy weekend to you! And I know exactly how you should pamper yourself: whole wheat waffles with a side of kicking your feet up. Because it’s Saturday and you deserve it!
Did you catch my LIVE baking demo this week? I made salted caramel chocolate chip cookies (above!) and also gave you a sneak peek inside Sally’s Cookie Addiction. I got a little teary eyed talking about this book as it’s very near and dear to my heart. Thank you all for your never-ending support and love. And don’t forget to pre-order to receive your 5 bonus recipes! (Read how to send in/receive them in this post.)
Exactly 1 month until it’s released!!!
More things to chat about:
1) You all know I’m taking time off from recipe testing/photographing this fall. That means that I’ve been working ahead all summer. I’ll still be writing on the blog (of course!) and checking in on my social medias here and there, giving you updates on baking, cookbook, baby, and life! Excited for this new journey.
2) Speaking of socials! Have you joined the SBA Facebook group yet? It’s been so much fun seeing all your creations and chatting about baking all day long. xoxo
3) Have you ever tried cauliflower rice? I had it for the first time this week– just picked up a frozen bag of it from the store. I had it with this shrimp teriyaki. I LOVED it. Tastes like rice, but even a little better? I don’t even really like cauliflower, so I was pleasantly surprised!
4) My assistant, Steph, came over yesterday! We had a bake-a-thon all day. She’s helping me get ahead on work and test recipes for Sally’s Cookie Palooza. This will be year 5 of the holiday cookie countdown!!!! Can you believe it?
5) Pumpkin: too soon? I think so. I want it to be a little cooler out to begin enjoying it. But that doesn’t mean we can’t get excited for pumpkin snickerdoodles.
6) How are your checkerboard cakes coming along? Don’t forget to upload August’s baking challenge recipe to Instagram using the #sallysbakingchallenge hashtag or post on my Facebook page, Twitter, email me, or the new Facebook group I mentioned in #2!
Make it a delicious one!
With kitchen-tested quality recipes and step-by-step tutorials, my goal is to give you the confidence to bake and cook from scratch.