Saturday Seven

Too early for Christmas cookies? Nonsense.

It’s never too early to begin holiday cookie baking. With Thanksgiving NEXT WEEK (omg), I’m hoping you’ve already given your holiday cookie list some thought. And if not, I have 10 new cookie recipes coming for you this year. Sally’s Cookie Palooza, my annual Christmas cookie countdown, turns 5 this year. So we’re going big! It all begins Monday, November 27th. Mark your calendars!

1) By the way, that snowflake is my easy holiday sugar cookies recipe. I used this royal icing and Wilton tip #5 for decorating. This is, hands down, my favorite sugar cookie recipe. Crisp edges, soft centers, easy to roll, cookies hold their shape and taste unbelievable. And Wilton tip #5 is my go-to for basic decorating. That blue ball in the center is a chocolate filled sprinkle– from Sweetapolita. And I sprinkled the entire cookie with this white sparkling sugar.

2) We’re headed to my parent’s for Thanksgiving. I’m off the hook from the cooking, but you know I’m bringing pie. I want to bring, like, 10 of them. But I’ll *try* to narrow it down to 2.

How many pies is too many pies? The limit does not exist.

Caramel pear pie on sallysbakingaddiction.com

3) Speaking of pie, did you catch my Facebook LIVE on Wednesday? Here’s the video in case you missed it. We made, you guessed it, pie. I’m turning into a pie. I’m looking forward to getting back into regular weekly LIVE baking tutorials again. I’m thinking in the new year!

4) Here’s that apron I wore. It’s from Anthropolgie. I love love love it. Even prettier in real life. And here’s a dog pie dish that you never knew you needed. I repeat: a DOG pie dish!

5) On the subject of dogs. Here are 17 dogs you should follow on Instagram. This Saturday Seven is apparently only about pie and dogs.

6) Random, but what’s your favorite soup? Preferably a slow cooker soup recipe if you have one. Looking for recipes to try.

7) Other recipes to try: cinnamon sugar sweet & salty chex mix, butter pecan fudge, sweet potato roast with parsley pesto for a Thanksgiving side dish option, spice kissed breadcrumb apple crisp (gluten free!), and chai spiced raw macaroons (also gluten free!).

Happy baking!

Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Sally’s Baking Addiction.

Posted in

Comments

1. Sofia on November 19, 2017 at 2:58 pm

I really love slow cooker lamb stew and honey garlic chicken! So easy and yummy 🙂

2. Katrina on November 19, 2017 at 5:43 pm

Pinch of Yum has an amazing wild rice and chicken slow cooker recipe! My absolute favorite!

3. Vicki on November 19, 2017 at 6:06 pm

Your snowflake cookie looks so pretty. I’m definitely going to bake some for xmas gifts.

• Sally on November 20, 2017 at 7:18 am

Thanks Vicki!

4. Angela Massie on November 20, 2017 at 1:54 am

The blue dragee is chocolate filled? Link shows it’s a metallic dragee? the blue apron is BEAUTIFUL!!!

5. Sara on November 20, 2017 at 2:03 am

My favorite soup is chicken and dumplings! My sister makes hers in the slow cooker and tops it off with some flaky biscuit dough. It’s delicious!

6. Tracie on November 20, 2017 at 10:56 am

Copy cat Olive Garden pasta e Fagioli soup is delicious, just add pasta after or it disappears

7. Darryl Smith on November 22, 2017 at 10:02 pm

My favorite soup is French onion by far…I have a slow cooker recipe of it that is on my list of things to try.

Reviews