Too early for Christmas cookies? Nonsense.
It’s never too early to begin holiday cookie baking. With Thanksgiving NEXT WEEK (omg), I’m hoping you’ve already given your holiday cookie list some thought. And if not, I have 10 new cookie recipes coming for you this year. Sally’s Cookie Palooza, my annual Christmas cookie countdown, turns 5 this year. So we’re going big! It all begins Monday, November 27th. Mark your calendars!
1) By the way, that snowflake is my easy holiday sugar cookies recipe. I used this royal icing and Wilton tip #5 for decorating. This is, hands down, my favorite sugar cookie recipe. Crisp edges, soft centers, easy to roll, cookies hold their shape and taste unbelievable. And Wilton tip #5 is my go-to for basic decorating. That blue ball in the center is a chocolate filled sprinkle– from Sweetapolita. And I sprinkled the entire cookie with this white sparkling sugar.
2) We’re headed to my parent’s for Thanksgiving. I’m off the hook from the cooking, but you know I’m bringing pie. I want to bring, like, 10 of them. But I’ll *try* to narrow it down to 2.
How many pies is too many pies? The limit does not exist.
3) Speaking of pie, did you catch my Facebook LIVE on Wednesday? Here’s the video in case you missed it. We made, you guessed it, pie. I’m turning into a pie. I’m looking forward to getting back into regular weekly LIVE baking tutorials again. I’m thinking in the new year!
5) On the subject of dogs. Here are 17 dogs you should follow on Instagram. This Saturday Seven is apparently only about pie and dogs.
6) Random, but what’s your favorite soup? Preferably a slow cooker soup recipe if you have one. Looking for recipes to try.
7) Other recipes to try: cinnamon sugar sweet & salty chex mix, butter pecan fudge, sweet potato roast with parsley pesto for a Thanksgiving side dish option, spice kissed breadcrumb apple crisp (gluten free!), and chai spiced raw macaroons (also gluten free!).
Some of the links above are affiliate links, which pay me a small commission for my referral at no extra cost to you! Thank you for supporting Sally’s Baking Addiction.