Sprinkled Episode 2: Brownies

The chewiest and fudgiest homemade brownies made with real chocolate on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Thank you so much for the excitement about Sprinkled!!

This past April, a video production crew filmed me at work in my kitchen. Most of the time together was spent filming step-by-step recipe tutorials, but they also filmed me working, writing, editing, photographing, and recipe testing. The series is called Sprinkled and I have 8 episodes to share with you. I selected 8 of my favorite dessert recipes ranging from cookies and cake to brownies and pie. I’m thrilled to breathe life back into archived recipes that you may have missed! The second episode is Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies and you can watch it right here.

If you missed it, watch episode 1: homemade strawberry cake.

EPISODE 2

Episode 2: Chewy Fudgy Homemade Brownies

This is one of the most popular recipes on my website. While it’s not difficult nor complicated, I chose this recipe for Sprinkled to show you how EASY homemade brownies are. Made with real chocolate, these brownies are completely from-scratch, insanely chewy, and undeniably fudgy. The blend of real chocolate and cocoa powder, plus the minimal amount of flour, lends to their fudgy taste. These brownies are so rich, it tastes like you’re eating a square of fudge. From sprinkles and chocolate chips to walnuts and chocolate frosting, there are many ways to dress them up. I knew you’d enjoy seeing them come together on camera!

COMING SOON: EPISODE 3

Homemade strawberry shortcake!!!! Check back in a couple weeks for episode 3.

Homemade strawberry shortcake on sallysbakingaddiction.com

Sprinkled episodes will be featured every few weeks right here on my blog in partnership with my talented production & multimedia crew, Grateful & Co. Want to stay updated? Subscribe to my blog and each new blog post will be emailed to you on the day it’s published, including when a new Sprinkled episode is live! Sprinkled photos and videos by Grateful & Co 🙂

Comments

1. Maddie on June 20, 2018 at 6:19 pm

Oh my gosh, Sally, I’m obsessed with these episodes. You really need your own show!

• Carol Rudes on June 25, 2018 at 7:17 pm

I made these brownies, Sally, and they were great! They top my list for best brownie ever, and I just used the same saucepan I used to melt the chocolate mixture. It was an “all in one bowl” recipe, extra stars to you! Thanks. (btw: I used chocolate chunks, in the brownie itself. I also tried your parchment trick, much easier than my usual carefully constructed parchment sling, and just as effective).

2. Krista on June 20, 2018 at 8:07 pm

I love this! These look fantastic! And Sally- you are just so lovable!!!

3. Willa on June 20, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Love “ Sprinkled “ how does it feel to be a star? If it wasn’t 10:30 pm, I would make some of theses

• Sally on June 21, 2018 at 6:16 am

Let me know if you try them soon!

4. M.A. Franklin on June 20, 2018 at 10:45 pm

Great Job Sally I love your Brownie Recipe too just like your hubby! I just have have to ask you why don’t you break your eggs in a separate bowl? It’s one of the first things my mom taught me about baking and has saved me many pounds of butter over the years. Don’t you ever get shells in your recipes? As I’m watching you crack those eggs I cringed while I’m thinking where’s your little bowl? Then it hits me you ARE the Sprinkle Queen!! Keep Rockin Those Sprinkles Sally !!!’

• Sally on June 21, 2018 at 6:15 am

Ha! I rarely get a shell in there. And if I ever do, I spoon the egg shells out. 🙂

5. Melissa on June 21, 2018 at 2:46 am

This is incredible! I’ve been following your blog for years, perhaps since 2012, and I’m always amazed by the way you are just constantly creating and inspiring all of us. Thank you!! These videos are a stunning achievement – you are today’s Julia Child!

• Sally on June 21, 2018 at 6:13 am

This is so kind, thank you!

6. Del's cooking twist on June 21, 2018 at 12:19 pm

Oh wow, this video must have been SO MUCH work! But I love absolutely every part of it, you did an awesome job and it’s so cool to see you in the kitchen. I can’t wait to see the other episodes. Congratulations on this amazing project!

ps: by the way, quick question? How many of you are you?!! A baker, a blogger, a cookbook writer, a photographer, a wife, a mom (!)… I am always so impressed by everything you do, Sally. You are awesome!

• Sally on June 25, 2018 at 10:26 am

Del, you are so kind, thank you so much!!

7. Rana on June 22, 2018 at 8:15 am

Hello Sally,
    Sorry, I got the recipes mixed up in my earlier message. I was refering to the seriously fudgy homemade brownies. I will try this chewy fudgy brownies recipe and will see.
    Thanks !

8. Ashley on June 22, 2018 at 10:04 am

I know what I’m making this weekend!!! :o)

9. Sharon K (The Farm Chick Bakes) on June 22, 2018 at 5:03 pm

I tagged you on IG Sally on my Strawberry Cake that I made from your Sprinkled Episode #1…OMG…it was HEAVEN. I loved it so much I made a 2nd one last night for this weekend. It’s Heaven and using FRESHLY PICKED Strawberries from the fields made the cake all that more special and delicious! My sister and I are actually having “monthly baking challenges” now….I’ve been the baker in the family my whole adult life and I’m trying to get her into the kitchen more and stretch herself to try things, not to be intimidated. So, I’m using this Strawberry cake as our July challenge 🙂 Thank you for the Inspiration.

10. Sarah on June 24, 2018 at 9:56 pm

Girl, is it possible you’ve gotten cuter?! I’m loving these videos!

• Sally on June 25, 2018 at 9:21 am

Thank you so much for watching!!

11. Paige Flamm on June 25, 2018 at 10:29 am

We made these brownies over the weekend and they were fabulous!

Paige

• Sally on June 25, 2018 at 11:20 am

So happy to read that, thanks for trying them!

12. Laurie on June 29, 2018 at 11:33 am

The “Jump To Recipe” link does not appear to work (on my IPad). Is this the same recipe as Chewy brownies?

• Sally on June 29, 2018 at 11:42 am

Hi Laurie! There is no recipe with this post. You can find the recipe via the link in the blog post to chewy fudgy brownies. 🙂 I’m working on deleting that “Jump To Recipe” button on blog posts that do not contain a recipe. Thank you so much!

13. Jillian on July 6, 2018 at 9:38 am

You’re amazing, Sally! Congratulations on your new Sprinkled series!! It is great. 🙂

• Sally on July 6, 2018 at 10:13 am

Thank you so much for watching!!

Reviews