These super simple, protein-packed 3 Ingredient Blueberry Yogurt Swirl Popsicles hit the spot when the weather heats up! A gluten free treat.
- 2 cups blueberries*
- 2 Tablespoons agave or honey*
- 2 cups vanilla Greek yogurt (or any flavor)
- Blend the blueberries in a food processor or blender on high speed until nearly liquified into a smoothie-like consistency. See above for a photo.
- Pour the thick blueberry liquid into a large bowl. Stir in the agave/honey. Add the yogurt and very gently mix everything together. If you want a tie-dye, swirly look to your popsicles– do not fully blend the yogurt and blueberries. You want those patches of white and blue. The mixture will be thick. Taste it. If you want it sweeter, you can add a little more agave/honey.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing – if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 4-6 hours or overnight.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove. Eat on a hot day. Enjoy!
- Blueberries: You can be a little generous with the 2 cups of fruit (maybe closer to 2 and 1/4 cups). And try using another fruit! You can use around 2 cups of halved cherries, sliced strawberries, chopped peaches, blackberries, or raspberries.
- Sweetener: The agave or honey really makes the flavors of the tart fruit and tart yogurt pop. I much preferred the batch made with a little liquid sweetener over the test batch without. If you’re using a sweeter fruit mentioned above like dark sweet cherries, reduce down to 1 Tablespoon. Taste the mixture, then add a little more if you’d like.
- Here’s the popsicle mold I own and love!
Keywords: healthy popsicles, blueberry yogurt popsicle