Beat the heat with these ice-cold 4 ingredient creamy lemon popsicles! They taste just like ice cream, but are made with lemons and Greek yogurt.
- 2 and 1/2 cups (600g) plain Greek yogurt*
- juice of 1 and 1/2 lemons (about 1/4 cup or 60ml)
- zest of 1 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) milk (I use almond milk)
- 2 Tablespoons (45g) honey or agave
- optional: rainbow sprinkles*
- Stir all of the ingredients together. Careful stirring in the sprinkles, as they may slightly bleed their color. The mixture will be thick. Taste it. If you want it sweeter, you can add a little more agave/honey. If you want a little more lemon, add more juice or zest.
- Pour mixture evenly into each popsicle mold. If your popsicle mold has slots for sticks, you can insert them before freezing – if not, freeze for 2 hours, then put a wooden popsicle stick in the middle (that is what I did). Continue to freeze for an additional 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Run popsicle molds under warm water to easily remove.
- Yogurt: I use nonfat Greek yogurt, any fat works! If you decide to use a flavored yogurt that would pair well with the lemon flavor, you can reduce the honey or agave since the yogurt will be sweetened. Start with a couple teaspoons, then add more to your taste.
- Sprinkles: Use a variety of sprinkles that will not bleed into your popsicle mixture. Nonpareils (the little balls) always bleed, so steer clear of those. I used Sweetapolita’s Sprinkle Shop Pastel Dreams Medley in these pictured popsicles.
- Here’s the popsicle mold I use!
Keywords: lemon popsicles, creamy lemon popsicles