This is the first year I’m hosting Easter. At age 31, I feel I should have done this by now? But it’s always been a family holiday at my parents’ or in-law’s. With our home finally coming together after nearly a year, I figure it’s the best time to gather together and celebrate with a big Easter meal.
The menu isn’t 100% decided yet, but there will be ham. I’m thinking brown sugar glazed, yum! A potato side dish of sorts, asparagus side dish– or maybe from-scratch green bean casserole, which is Kevin’s favorite (is that Easter-y?), homemade biscuits, and a bright colorful salad. Dessert will be pineapple upside down cake and an Easter nest cake, for which I’ll use this carrot cake recipe as the bundt cake. Oh, and deviled eggs for sure! Breakfast is undecided, but I’m leaning towards classic easy cinnamon rolls.
I’ve been brainstorming and gathering several Easter recipes together this week, so I figured I’d simply share them with you too. There’s everything from egg dishes for breakfast or brunch, cinnamon rolls + scones, desserts, homemade candy, supper, and side dishes. This list should cover everything we need!
- The cutest ever: deviled egg chicks by Natasha’s Kitchen
- Goat cheese spinach + sun-dried tomato quiche
- Get started the night before with this overnight ham & cheese strata!
- So creative! Hashbrown, spinach + tomato pie on Diethood
- Bacon cheddar deviled eggs on Divas Can Cook (speaking from experience, these are dynamite!)
- Always impressive cinnamon roll wreath!
- Easy blueberry lemon crescent ring on The Girl Who Ate Everything
- Beautiful creamy berry salad on Carlsbad Cravings
- Raspberry almond buttermilk scones
- Sheet pan sausage potato + pepper hash on Cooking Classy
- Baked cream cheese french toast casserole is a must each year
- Easter hot cross buns on Foodness Gracious
- Super quick and easy: 20 minute chocolate crescents
- Italian Easter bread on Brown Eyed Baker
- You can’t go wrong with an old-fashioned sour cream crumb cake
- Or even a dark chocolate raspberry coffee cake!
- Overnight cinnamon roll casserole on Gimme Some Oven
- Made this walnut crusted chicken on Insta story again yesterday!
- One hour Easter dinner on Chelsea’s Messy Apron
- Skillet chicken & veggies with creamy garlic sauce if you’re not into ham
- Baked lemon herb salmon also if you’re not into ham
- Brown sugar pineapple glazed ham from Oh Sweet Basil looks unbelievable
- Creamy pasta with salmon and asparagus on Foodie Crush
- Tried & true honey butter rolls – we love these!
- Strawberry bacon salad – favorite favorite
- Honey garlic roasted carrots on Carlsbad Cravings
- Orange avocado quinoa + kale salad – I like making this ahead of time
- Easier than you think super flaky biscuits – and all the tricks I use.
- Absolutely adorable Easter bunny bread on Foodie with Family
- Garlic parmesan scalloped potatoes by Cade Delites
- Homemade easy lemon curd to serve with your biscuits and rolls
- Want to try these puff pastry asparagus tarts
Obviously the biggest category of all because it’s the most important, right?
- Quick and simple strawberry coconut macaroons
- Blackberry lemon cake roll on Natasha’s Kitchen is a must-try
- Lemon coconut cake or if you love blueberries, lemon blueberry cake
- Strawberry cupcakes with creamy strawberry buttercream
- The most festive Easter cake Easter nest cake on SugarHero
- Another Easter nest cake! I use lots of coconut. 🙂
- New favorite cake right now: pineapple carrot cake with cream cheese frosting
- FRUIT PIZZA!
- Chocolate and peanut butter no-bake nest cookies on Two Peas & Their Pod
- Coconut custard pie with coconut whipped cream on How Sweet It Is
- Bunny ear cupcakes on Preppy Kitchen
- Cute little jelly bean sugar cookies
FUN HOMEMADE CANDY
- Saltine toffee for Easter!
- Easter bunny bark – use your favorite candies!
- Fun weekend activity: homemade PEEPS on Ashlee Marie
- Always a favorite in the spring: dark chocolate coconut rum truffles!
- Homemade Reese’s eggs! on Creme De La Crumb
Let me know what’s on YOUR Easter menu. Leave any links to favorite recipes too. Always looking for inspiration!