A giant Andes mint in fudge form. So good and dangerously easy! No candy thermometer required.
- 2 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 and 1/2 cups white chocolate baking chips
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract (or more, go by your taste preference)
- 2 drops green food coloring
- 1 teaspoon canola or vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips and/or Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
- Line an 8×8 baking pan with parchment paper. Spray paper with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a small saucepan over low heat, melt 1.5 cups chocolate chips with 3/4 cup sweetened condensed milk, stirring occasionally. Spread melted chocolate mixture into pan and chill for 5-10 minutes.
- In another saucepan, melt white baking chips and remaining condensed milk, stirring until completely smooth. Remove from the heat and add peppermint extract and food coloring. Spread mint layer over chilled chocolate layer. Chill for 5-10 minutes as you make the final layer.
- Melt remaining 1 cup of chocolate chips with 1 tsp oil in the microwave in 30 second increments. Stir until completely smooth. Spread over chilled mint layer. Top with mini chocolate chips and/or Andes baking chips. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until fudge is completely set (could take up to 4 hours).
- Cut into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to two weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: Fudge will freeze and thaw well.
- Adapted from Taste of Home Baking.
Keywords: andes chocolate fudge, mint chocolate fudge