This moist and tender lemon herb salmon takes about 30 minutes. Feel free to use other vegetables instead of brussels sprouts. See note below.
- 4 salmon filets, skin removed (about 2 lbs total)
- 4 cups halved brussels sprouts*
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary (or use 1 Tablespoon dried)
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or use 1 Tablespoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 medium lemons, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- sea salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F (204°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Arrange salmon and brussels sprouts evenly spaced on top.
- Brush the melted butter on top of each salmon filet. In a small bowl, stir the rosemary, parsley, garlic, juice of 1 lemon (around 4 Tablespoons), and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together. Spoon evenly onto each filet, spreading all over the top. Slice 1/2 of the 2nd lemon and arrange 1-2 slices on top of each filet. Squeeze the other lemon half on top of the brussels sprouts. Sprinkle the brussels sprouts with remaining 1/4 teaspoon of pepper. Sprinkle sea salt evenly over the whole pan– not much is needed, but go by your preference.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness, about 10 minutes per 1-inch inch thickness measured from the thickest part of the filet or until the thickest part reaches 145°F (63°C) internal heat.
- Serve warm.
- Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking.
- If using frozen salmon, thaw completely before starting.
- Other Vegetables: Instead of brussels sprouts, you can use broccoli, chopped asparagus, or zucchini. Chop your vegetables small so they cook in the same amount of time as the salmon OR start the vegetables in the oven a few minutes earlier than the salmon.
- Other Herbs: Feel free to use thyme or chopped basil, or a combination of your favorite herbs.
- Nutrition Information: Using SparkRecipes calculator and including the brussels sprouts, this recipe comes out to 330 calories, 16g fat, and 37g protein. If your salmon filets are smaller than about 6 ounces each, these numbers will be lower.
Keywords: baked salmon, lemon herb salmon