Gluten-free banana chocolate chip breakfast cookies made with wholesome, healthy ingredients. You won’t miss the flour, butter, and added sugar! Please use certified gluten free oats to assure cookies are GF. Use dairy-free chocolate chips to assure cookies are vegan.
- 2 and 1/3 cups (190g) quick oats* (not whole oats)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (250g) homemade or your favorite almond butter*
- 1/4 cup (82g) pure maple syrup (or honey)
- 2 large ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1/3 cup (60g) dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- optional: 1/3 cup (33g) sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Combine all of the ingredients into a large bowl. Using a large rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix until all of the ingredients are thoroughly combined. The dough will be sticky and thick.
- Each cookie will be 3 Tablespoons of dough. Drop this amount onto prepared cookie sheet and slightly flatten the tops into desired thickness. The cookies will not spread in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes until edges are very slightly brown. Don’t bake any longer or the cookies will taste dry. Allow to cool on the cookie sheets completely. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature for 1 week.
- Freezing Instructions: Cookies can be frozen up to 3 months, then thawed overnight in the refrigerator before enjoying.
- Oats: Be sure to use quick oats in this recipe. Quick oats are more finely ground up whole oats, so they are slightly powdery. They are sold right next to the whole oats. You may not even notice there are two kinds of oats in the first place! You may make quick oats at home – simply measure 2 and 1/3 cups of whole oats and pulse in the blender or food processor about 5 times.
- Nut Butter: You can use your favorite peanut butter (or soy nut butter, sunflower seed butter) instead of almond butter. For peanut butter: homemade honey roasted, creamy, crunchy, natural (non-oily) or non-natural are all OK.
Keywords: banana breakfast cookies, breakfast cookies