Crunchy and delicious banana Nutella granola is so easy to make!
- 3 and 3/4 cups (300g) old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup (60g) ground flax*
- 1 cup (100g) sliced almonds (or any nut)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mashed banana (1 very large banana)
- 1/4 cup (75g) Nutella
- 1/4 cup (82g) pure maple syrup (or honey; if you prefer sugar-free maple syrup, that would work as well)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (about 30) banana chips
- optional: 1/2 cup (90g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together oats, flax, almonds, and cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the mashed banana, Nutella, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and salt together. Allow to bubble for about 1 minute. Remove from heat and pour over the dry ingredients. Stir it all together until all of the oats are moistened.
- Spread the oats on the baking sheet in a thin even layer. Bake for 15 minutes, remove from the oven and stir. Bake for another 15-20 minutes until lightly browned. Top the granola with chocolate chips and banana chips. Gently stir. The chocolate will melt, creating larger chunks of granola.
- Allow granola to cool completely; it will harden and crunch up as it is exposed to air. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 weeks.
- Flax: Adding ground flax is optional. If you do not care to use it, add 1/4 cup more oats.
- Gluten Free: Granola is Gluten Free if using certified gluten free oats.
Keywords: banana nutella granola, nutella granola