Soft-baked peanut butter cookies loaded with pretzels and M&Ms. One of my favorite sweet & salty desserts!
- 1/2 cup (115g) salted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup (185g) creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/4 cups (156g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 3/4 cup (150g) M&Ms
- 3/4 cup (50g) pretzel pieces
- In a large bowl, using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugars together on medium speed. Beat in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla (in that order). Beat in the baking soda and flour. Do not overmix. Fold in the M&Ms and pretzels. Cover the dough tightly and chill in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Drop chilled dough by tiny tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheet or Silpat. Press down to slightly flatten them out. Bake for 8-9 minutes. Cookies will be soft and may appear undone. They will firm up as they cool. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Cookies stay fresh at room temperature in an airtight container for 10 days.
Keywords: peanut butter pretzel m&m cookies