1 bowl and 7 real food ingredients are all you need to make these freezer friendly gluten free blueberry almond snack bars. They’re easy to make, healthy, and wholesome!
- 1/3 cup (37g) almond meal*
- 1/3 cup (114g) honey or brown rice syrup*
- 1 Tablespoon (15g) almond butter or any nut butter
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 2/3 cups (235g) whole unsalted almonds (very roughly chopped/minimally pulsed)
- 2/3 cup (70g) dried blueberries
- optional: 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C). Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper with enough overhang on the sides to easily remove the bars from the pan. Set aside.
- Using a rubber spatula or wooden spoon, mix all of the ingredients together until combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared baking pan and press very firmly into an even layer. You really want it packed in tight- as tight as possible. Bake for 20-22 minutes or until lightly golden brown on top. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the pan set on a wire rack for 1 hour, then transfer to the refrigerator to chill for 1 more hour. This firms up the bars which helps them stay compact. Remove bars from the pan using the overhang on the sides and cut into bars.
- Individually wrap each bar in plastic wrap or parchment. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Make Ahead Instructions: These bars are freezer friendly. After wrapping individually, freeze for up to 3 months and thaw before enjoying.
- Special Tools: Ninja Master Prep | Measuring Cups and Spoons | Glass Mixing Bowls | Glass Baking Dish
- Almond Meal: You can use store-bought almond meal or almond flour, or you can make your own. Start with 1/3 cup of slivered, sliced, or whole almonds. Pulse them in a food processor until a crumbly meal has formed. Do not run the food processor continuously; you may end up with almond butter. Little pulses are best. You will end up with around 1/3 cup almond meal.
- Honey: I do not suggest a thinner sweetener like maple syrup or agave– honey or brown rice syrup are perfect.