Buttery blondies filled with sweet & salty pretzel M&Ms. These are a family favorite and an easy 1 bowl recipe!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) salted butter
- 1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup pretzel M&Ms
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir constantly. Remove from heat immediately when the butter begins to turn brown (about 6 minutes). Pour browned butter into large mixing bowl. Stir in brown sugar. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 8×8 square baking pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- To the cooled down butter/sugar mixture, stir in egg and vanilla extract. Add flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in pretzel M&Ms.
- Pour into prepared baking pan and bake for about 25 minutes, or until the top is lightly browned. Allow blondies to cool for at least 1 hour and cut into squares. Store in an airtight container for up to 10 days.
Keywords: brown butter pretzel blondies, brown butter blondies