An easy recipe for butterscotch peanut butter puppy chow or muddy buddies. Easy and no-bake!
- 6 cups Rice Chex cereal
- 1 cup salted peanuts
- 1 and 1/2 cups butterscotch morsels
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Pour the Chex cereal and peanuts into a large bowl. Toss to combine. Set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butterscotch morsels and peanut butter on low heat. Constantly stir to avoid the butterscotch morsels from burning. Once completely melted, remove pan from heat.
- Pour mixture over the cereal. Carefully fold until each piece is covered in the melted peanut butter/butterscotch mixture. Pour confectioners’ sugar into a large zipped-top bag. Add the coated cereal, seal, and shake everything together for at least 60 seconds to ensure each piece/chunk is coated with confectioners’ sugar.
- Allow to cool and enjoy! Puppy chow is good up to 1 week at room temperature, but trust me – it won’t last that long.
Keywords: butterscotch peanut butter puppy chow, butterscotch puppy chow