Prepare for something goooooooey…
….and incredibly delicious.
After eying Averie’s Caramel Apple Bars a few weeks ago, I knew I had to remake them somehow and some way. I took her flavor combination idea and tweaked the recipe a bit to bake up an amazingly gooey, soft, and surprisingly healthy oatmeal bar. These bars taste sinful, in the best possible way.
Cinnamon apples, gooey, sweet caramel, buttery, chewy oats, rich, creamy peanut butter. Out of this world! And as if you needed another reason to make these, they’re perfectly healthy and acceptable for breakfast or a quick healthy snack. 🙂
Caramel Apple Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup light butter, softened (I use Land o' Lakes Light Butter)
- 2 and 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup chopped & peeled apples
- sugar free caramel sauce for drizzling (about 3 tbsp)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8x8 baking pan with nonstick spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir to combine the applesauce, peanut butter, and softened light butter (get all those chunks of butter mixed in well). Add oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Fold in the chopped apples. Pour mixture into prepared baking pan and bake for 30 minutes.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce over the hot bars and let cool completely before cutting into squares. I actually stuck mine in the fridge for an hour before cutting into squares.
Sally's Tip: For best taste, store in an airtight container in an air-tight container in the refrigerator.
adapted from Averie's Caramel Apple Bars
Did you make a recipe?
Tag @sallysbakeblog on Instagram and hashtag it #sallysbakingaddiction.