Chocolate chip cookie granola bars are chewy, soft, wholesome, and healthy!
- 3/4 cup Trader Joe’s Cookie Butter or Biscoff Spread*
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey or maple syrup*
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a 8×8 baking pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt the cookie butter and coconut oil for about 1 minute in the microwave. Stir until combined and smooth. Melt for longer if needed. In a large bowl, beat the melted cookie butter/oil mixture, honey (or maple syrup if you are using it instead), egg, and vanilla until completely combined. Add in the oats, brown sugar, and salt. Mix well. Slowly stir in chocolate chips. The batter will be sticky.
- Transfer to the prepared baking pan and press down, making sure the surface is flat and even. Bake 21-24 minutes or until set and edges are lightly browned. Allow to cool completely before cutting into squares.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Bars stay fresh at room temperature for up to 7 days. Bars freeze well, up to 2 months.
- Cookie Butter: You can substitute for almond butter or any nut butter of your choice. The bars may not have the same chocolate chip cookie taste though.
- Sweetener: I used sugar free maple syrup, but feel free to use honey or regular maple syrup. I’ve tried it with both and they taste exactly the same.
- Add-Ins: Try using different add-ins, like nuts or dried fruits (up to 2/3 cup total). These granola bars are highly adaptable.
Keywords: chocolate chip cookie granola bars