One of my favorite homemade brownie recipes dipped in chocolate and served as little bites!
(or use your favorite box mix)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 8 ounces coarsely chopped bittersweet (or semi-sweet) chocolate (I used two 4 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- 1 and 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate* (I used two 4 oz Ghirardelli Semi-Sweet Chocolate Baking Bars)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray 11×7 inch baking pan (or 9×9 pan) with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Melt butter and semi-sweet chocolate in a medium saucepan on medium heat, stirring constantly untie smooth. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature (about 15 minutes).
- Stir sugar into cooled chocolate/butter mixture until combined. Add in the eggs one at a time, whisking until smooth after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla. Gently fold in the flour and salt. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing the top with a knife. Bake for approximately 35 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out *almost* clean.
- Allow brownies to cool completely (I stuck mine the refrigerator for 1 hour) and cut into bite-sized squares using a cold knife for clean cuts. Allow to chill the brownie bites for at least 1 hour in the refrigerator. The bites must be cold when you dip them.
- When the brownie bites are chilled, begin to dip them. In a medium size bowl, melt the chocolate chips or baking chocolate for about 30 seconds in microwave, stirring every 10 seconds. Microwave for longer until chocolate is completely smooth.
- Dip brownie tops into melted chocolate and decorate with sprinkles. Chill in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes until chocolate is hardened. Makes about 48 bites. I kept my brownie bites in the refrigerator. They are good up to one week stored covered.
- Chocolate: If using chocolate chips instead of pure chocolate, add 1 teaspoon shortening as you melt it to make the chocolate thin enough for dipping. Chocolate chips may not be used as the chocolate in the brownie recipe.
Keywords: brownie bites