These super-moist muffins taste just like banana bread. Cover them with glaze and sprinkles!
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil, melted (or canola/vegetable oil)
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana (2 bananas)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 and 1/2 cup whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
Easy Chocolate Glaze
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons light corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- rainbow sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 425°F (218°C). Line 12-count muffin tin with 10-11 cupcake liners and set aside.
- Make the muffins: Whisk together the egg and sugar for about 4 minutes until light in color. Stir in the oil, banana, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the salt, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and flour. Slowly pour dry mixture into wet mixture. Stir together until just combined (do not overmix). Spoon batter into each liner- about 3/4 full. Fill any unused muffin cavities with 2-3 Tablespoons of water to assure the muffins bake evenly.
- Bake muffins for 5 minutes at 425°F (218°C). Lower temperature dial down to 350°F (177°C) and continue to bake for about 11 more minutes until the muffins are set and lightly browned. Allow to cool for 5 minutes in the tins and transfer to wire rack to cool completely before glazing.
- Make the glaze: Melt the chocolate chips, corn syrup, butter, and water together in a small bowl in the microwave (about 30 seconds). When the muffins have cooled, dip the tops into the chocolate glaze and line with rainbow sprinkles. Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
- Why the initial high baking time of 425°F (218°C)? See here.
Keywords: banana bread muffins, chocolate glazed banana bread muffins