A healthy on-the-go snack for all of us with a sweet tooth! Only 7 ingredients needed to make this chocolate peanut butter granola.
- 3 cups (240g) old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 3/4 cup (106g) peanuts (or any nut)
- 3 Tablespoons (16g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup (113g) honey*
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (90g) chocolate chips
- melted peanut butter for drizzling
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Mix oats, peanuts, and cocoa powder together in a large bowl. Melt peanut butter, honey, and coconut oil together in a medium bowl and stir until smooth. Mix in the vanilla extract. Pour over oats and mix until all oats are moistened.
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring and flipping every 10 minutes. Remove from oven and, if adding chocolate chips, sprinkle the granola with them while it is still warm. Stir. The chocolate chips will melt, creating larger clusters of granola. Allow to cool at room temperature for at least 30 minutes. The air will help the granola get crunchy.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Granola is the perfect recipe to make ahead because it stays fresh for so long. Store this in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Gluten Free: For a gluten free version, make sure you use certified gluten free oats.
- Vegan: For a vegan version, make sure you use maple syrup or agave instead of honey as well as dairy-free chocolate chips.
- Oil: Instead of coconut oil, feel free to use canola or vegetable oil.
Keywords: chocolate peanut butter granola