Healthy, wholesome naturally sweetened chocolate truffles made from good-for-you ingredients. Get your sweet & chocolate fix without the sugar crash!
- 14 Medjool dates, pitted and soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dry-roasted salted peanuts*
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- optional for rolling: cocoa powder, shredded coconut, crushed nuts, mini chocolate chips
- First, make sure your dates are soft. You may soak them in warm water (and drain them) for 15 minutes before putting into the food processor or blender. OR you may chop them up into very small pieces so they blend easily.
- Put all of your ingredients into the blender or food processor, in the order listed, and blend for 4-5 minutes or until a thick oily “dough” ball is formed. The dough will be oily from the seeds and nuts. You will have to scrape down the sides of the blender/food processor a few times to get all of the dry ingredients to the bottom. Once a dough is formed, scoop the dough (about 1 Tablespoon each) and roll into a smooth ball with your hands.
- If rolling into cocoa powder, coconut, etc: spread rolling ingredients onto a plate and roll the moist dough ball around to fully cover. Store bites in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
- Peanuts: You can use any type of peanut– salted or unsalted– that you prefer.
Keywords: chocolate energy bites