An easy to make, super creamy ice cream pie loaded with homemade chocolate chip cookie dough and mini chocolate chips.
- 1/2 cup (115g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1/2 cup (100g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 and 1/4 cups (160g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (180g) mini chocolate chips (divided)
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 2 cups crushed Oreo crumbs (about 18 Oreos, Double Stuf or regular)
- 5 Tablespoons (75g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 8-ounce container frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened (or frozen yogurt)
- Make the cookie dough first: In a large bowl using a handheld or stand mixer with a paddle attachment, beat the butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar together on medium speed until light and creamy. Add the milk and vanilla extract and mix until combined. Turn the mixer off and add the flour and salt. Mix on low speed at first, then turn the mixer up to medium speed and mix until combined. The dough will be thick and crumbly, just keep mixing until it comes together. Mix in 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Roll the cookie dough into tiny balls, about 1/2 – 3/4 inch in diameter. Place on the cookie sheet and freeze as you prepare the crust and filling.
- Make the crust: Combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a nonstick 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, mix the Cool Whip and ice cream together until smooth and creamy. Remove the cookie dough balls from the freezer and add 3/4 of them to the ice cream filling. Stir until combined and pour into prepared Oreo crust. Top with the remaining cookie dough balls and 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips. Freeze for 4-6 hours. Remove from the freezer, slice, and serve.
- Keep chilled in the freezer up until you serve the pie.
Keywords: cookie dough ice cream pie