Deliciously cool and creamy lemon pie is the perfect summer dessert made with only 7 simple ingredients.
Graham Cracker Almond Crust
- 9 (135g) full-sheet graham crackers
- 1/2 cup (62g) salted almonds (I used roasted)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- 5 Tablespoons (72g) unsalted butter, melted
Filling + Topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Make the crust: Using a food processor, pulse the graham crackers and almonds together into crumbs. A few larger pieces of nuts is OK! Pour into a medium bowl and stir in sugar and melted butter until combined. Press tightly into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Pre-bake crust for 8 minutes. Leave oven on.
- Make the filling: Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and egg yolks together– or use an electric mixer. Pour into warm crust.
- Bake the pie for 18-21 minutes or until only *slightly* jiggly in the center. You want it mostly set. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack. Once cool, cover and chill for at least 1 hour (and up to 3 days) before serving.
- Garnish as desired. Store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- Make Ahead Instructions: You can prepare and pre-bake the crust up to 2-3 days in advance. Cover and store at room temperature. Likewise, you can mix up the filling up to 2-3 days in advance. Cover and refrigerate, then assemble and bake. Freezes well up to 3 months– thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Graham Cracker Crust: If you purchase graham cracker crumbs, you need 1 and 1/4 cups in this recipe. Even though they are already crumbs, you can still pulse with the almonds. If you want to skip the almonds, use this graham cracker crust recipe instead.
- Leftover Egg Whites: Here are of my recipes with egg whites or you can make a meringue topping for the pie.
Keywords: creamy lemon pie, lemon pie