Addicting snack mix that tastes like cupcake batter! Made without cake mix.
- 4 and 1/2 cups Rice Chex cereal*
- 1/4 cup salted butter
- 3 Tablespoons heavy cream (no substitutions)
- 10 oz white chocolate candy melts or pure white chocolate
- 1 teaspoon almond extract*
- 1 teaspoon butter extract*
- 2/3 cup assorted sprinkles
- 1 and 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Pour the cereal in a large bowl, set aside.
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt the butter, cream, and white chocolate. Stir constantly until the white chocolate is fully melted. The mixture will be very thick and buttery. Remove from heat. Stir in almond extract and butter extract.
- Pour warm white chocolate mixture over cereal. Stir it all together gently, making sure not to break the cereal. Wait about 3-4 (no longer) minutes and gently fold in the sprinkles – you don’t want the sprinkles to lose their color.
- In a large zipped top bag or covered container, add the powdered sugar. Pour the white chocolate covered cereal into the large bag or container. Seal the bag or container and shake until all the cereal is coated with the powdered mixture.
- Discard excess powder and enjoy. Store at room temperature up to 2 weeks – please see note above about the “crunch” factor.
- Cereal: Do not use Crispex– I’ve found that it breaks easily.
- Extracts: You can make the puppy chow withoutextracts still maintaining a funfetti look and basic white chocolate flavor.
Keywords: cupcake puppy chow