Crunchy toasted bread paired with a blend of honey and goat cheese is the perfect match for seasonal fresh fruit. Easiest appetizer ever.
- 1 French baguette (18 inches), cut into 3/4-inch slices
- 8 ounces creamy goat cheese
- 2 Tablespoons honey, plus more for drizzling
- 1 cup sliced fruit (strawberries, blackberries, peaches)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Place bread slices on a baking sheet. Bake 10 -12 minutes or until lightly toasted. (This is the ONLY cooking you’ll do! Woohoo!)
- Meanwhile, mix the goat cheese and honey together until relatively smooth. If it’s a little crumbly, that’s ok. Spread the goat cheese mixture on the toasted bread. Top with fruit.
- Before serving, drizzle each crostini with honey. Keep leftovers covered tightly in the refrigerator for a couple days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Prepare recipe through step 2, only do not top with fruit. Cover the goat cheese-topped bread slices tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 day or for up to 8-10 hours at room temperature. Then top with fruit and honey. So, prep in the morning and finish in the evening! So easy.
- Strawberry Balsamic Bruschetta: If you want to make the strawberry balsamic bruschetta pictured and described in this post, follow the recipe above as written, using sliced strawberries as the fruit topper. Chop fresh basil and sprinkle on top of each. Drizzle with balsamic reduction (here’s an easy way to make balsamic reduction) and serve.
Keywords: goat cheese and fruit crostini, easy fruit crostini