Homemade chocolate bark is so easy! Swirl two chocolates together and dress it up with your favorite Halloween candies and sprinkles. Use pure chocolate, not chocolate chips.
- two 4-ounce semi-sweet chocolate bars (226g), coarsely chopped*
- two 4-ounce white chocolate bars (226g), coarsely chopped*
- festive Halloween candy such as eyeball sprinkles (affiliate link), Halloween sprinkles, and Halloween M&Ms*
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Melt the semi-sweet chocolate. You can melt it in a double boiler or the microwave. If using the microwave: place the chopped chocolate in a medium heat-proof bowl. Melt in 20 second increments in the microwave, stopping and stirring after each increment until completely melted and smooth.
- Melt the white chocolate following the same melting process in step 2.
- Pour the melted semi-sweet chocolate onto the prepared baking sheet and spread out into a large rectangle (anywhere around 8×12 inches is great). Drizzle the white chocolate mixture on top. If needed, I have a visual of this step in my Sweetheart Swirl Bark video. Use a knife or a toothpick to swirl the layers together. Decorate the top of the bark with candies.
- Allow the chocolate to completely set uncovered at room temperature or in the refrigerator, about 45 minutes. Once hardened, break into pieces as large or small as you want.
- Store bark in an airtight container at room temperature in a cool, dry place for up to 1 week or in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- Freezing Instructions: For longer storage, freeze for up to 2 months and thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Chocolate: Do not use chocolate chips or morsels because they do not melt properly. Pure chocolate is best for easy melting and best taste. I like Ghirardelli, Baker’s, Lindt, or Trader Joe’s pound plus bars found in the baking aisle next to the chocolate chips. They are typically sold as 4 ounce bars.
- I found “Ghouls Mix” M&Ms and Wilton brand Halloween sprinkles at my local grocery store. Use any Halloween sprinkles or candies you enjoy! Candy corn is great on this bark, too!
Keywords: chocolate, Halloween, candy