This simple baked salmon is smothered with a 4 ingredient garlic honey ginger glaze and is ready in under 35 minutes!
- 4 salmon filets, skin removed (about 2 lbs total)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup reduced sodium soy sauce (or regular)
- 2 teaspoons minced or chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 cups broccoli florets (or serve with your favorite veggie)
- optional for garnish: chopped scallion, sesame seeds, sprinkle of parsley for color
- Place the salmon filets in a large zipped-top bag. Whisk the honey, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger together in a medium bowl (I added a sprinkle of dried parsley for color– try chopped scallion!). Pour half of this sauce over the salmon filets, coating them thoroughly. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Line the marinated salmon filets on the baking sheet. You can hold onto this used marinade– see step 5. Bake for 15-20 minutes depending on thickness (about 10 minutes per 1-inch inch thickness– measured from the thickest part of the filet). You can broil the salmon for the last 3 minutes for crispier edges.
- Meanwhile, begin steaming the broccoli and reducing the glaze. First, the broccoli: fill a large saucepan with 1 inch of water. If you have a steamer, place it inside. Bring water to a boil. Add the broccoli. Cover and reduce hear to medium. Cook for 6-7 minutes until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
- Now, the glaze: Pour the remaining, unused marinade into a small saucepan or skillet. If you want, you can add the remaining (used) marinade as well. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat low-medium and allow to simmer for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool and thicken.
- Remove cooked salmon from the oven. Some of the glaze may have browned on the edges. You can discard this.
- Garnish the salmon with any of the listed options. Serve with steamed broccoli and additional glaze. Leftovers keep well in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat to your liking.
- Make Ahead Instructions: You can marinate the salmon up to 4 hours in advance. If needed, you can extend to 8 hours. You can steam the broccoli and reduce the unused marinade (steps 4 and 5) ahead of time as well.
- For a more rounded out meal, serve the salmon and broccoli with brown rice, quinoa, or baked sweet potatoes.
- Using SparkRecipes calculator– including the broccoli and extra glaze poured on top, this meal comes out to about 430 calories per serving. 42 grams of protein and 12g healthy fat from the salmon. If your salmon filets are smaller than about 7 ounces each, these numbers will be lower.
- Adapted from Real Simple.
Keywords: garlic honey salmon, ginger garlic salmon