Just the ticket to cool off this summer!
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh lime juice (about 4 limes)
- zest of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) agave nectar (or simple syrup)*
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, firmly packed
- 1/2 cup (120ml) light rum*
- 5 cups crushed ice
- garnish: mint leaves, lime slices, fancy umbrellas
- Add everything to a blender and blend on high until it reaches a slushie-like consistency. Taste. Add more sweetener, lime juice, rum, or mint based on your preference.
- Make Ahead Instructions: Prepare frozen mojitos up to two hours ahead of time and store them in an airtight container in the freezer. Before serving, give it a stir then scoop into glasses. They will be extra frosty this way!
- Larger Batch: Double or triple the recipe for a big batch!
- Sweetener: Liquid sweetener is key to the smooth, mellow sweet taste of these frozen mojitos. Agave is by far my preferred choice and I highly recommend it. Simple syrup works too! Simply boil 1 cup water and 1 cup sugar until all the sugar has dissolved. Allow to cool completely before using in this recipe.
- Rum: Do not use dark rum! A mojito’s mint and lime flavors work best with a lighter variety. For a non-alcoholic beverage, sub in club soda.
- Blender: Use a strong, powerful blender for best results! I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
Keywords: frozen mojitos, mojito slushies