My pizza dough recipe makes enough for two 12-inch pizzas. Toppings listed are enough for one 12-inch pizza. Freeze the rest of the pizza dough for another time.
- 1/2 recipe homemade pizza dough
- 1–2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2–3 cloves roasted garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Homemade Basil Pesto (or variations listed in that recipe or store-bought)
- 1 cup cooked and shredded chicken breast (about one 8-ounce breast)
- 1 and 1/2 cups (6oz or 168g) shredded mozzarella cheese
- optional: fresh basil for topping
- Prepare pizza dough through step 5, including preheating the oven to 475°F (246°C). Cover the shaped dough lightly with plastic wrap and allow it to rest as the oven preheats.
- To prevent the pizza toppings from making your pizza crust soggy, brush the shaped dough lightly with olive oil. Using your fingers, push dents into the surface of the dough to prevent bubbling. Top the dough evenly with garlic, then spread the pesto on top. Add the chicken then sprinkle on the cheese.
- Bake pizza for 12-15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with fresh basil, if desired. Slice hot pizza and serve immediately.
- Cover leftover pizza tightly and store in the refrigerator. Reheat as you prefer. Baked pizza slices can be frozen up to 3 months. See pizza crust recipe for instructions on freezing the pizza dough.
- If not using an instant yeast, rise time may be up to 40% longer.
- Reference my Baking with Yeast Guide for answers to common yeast FAQs.
Keywords: chicken pesto pizza, roasted garlic chicken pesto pizza