Healthy breakfast fruit tart made with a gluten free two-ingredient crust, protein packed Greek yogurt, and plenty of fresh fruit.
- 15 Medjool dates, soaked in warm water for 10 minutes*
- 1 and 1/2 cups raw unsalted cashews*
- 1 cup Greek yogurt (I use vanilla, but any flavor works)
- assorted sliced fresh fruit
- Spray the bottom of a 9-inch tart or cake pan or a pie dish with nonstick spray and line the pan with parchment paper on top. Set aside. (The spray helps the parchment stick to the pan, making spreading the crust easier. The parchment prevents the crust from sticking to the pan. If you don’t mind the taste of nonstick spray on the crust, you don’t have to use parchment. Just spray the pan with the nonstick spray and add the crust.)
- Make sure your dates are soft by soaking in warm water for 10 minutes. Make sure you drain them and chop in half before using.
- Pulse the dates and cashews together until thick “dough” is formed and the cashews are all broken up, as pictured above. The dough will be moist from the oil in the nuts. Press evenly into prepared tart pan and partly up the sides.
- Spread the yogurt on top of the crust. Decorate with fresh fruit. Slice, serve, enjoy.
- Make Ahead Instructions: The crust can be made 1-2 days in advance. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Continue with step 4. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
- Dates: Instead of dates, try 1 and 1/2 cups raisins or dried cranberries.
- Nuts: Instead of cashews, try walnuts. A smooth, softer nut is best. I don’t recommend almonds. Use salted nuts for a salty/sweet crust.
Keywords: greek yogurt fruit tart, healthy fruit tart