Delicious and easy 5 ingredient green smoothie bowls are the healthiest way to turn a smoothie into a satisfying meal!
- 1–2 cups spinach (I always add 2)
- 1 frozen banana (peel, slice, and freeze)*
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple*
- 1/2 cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or plain– I use nonfat)
- 1/2 cup coconut water (I used pineapple flavored)*
- assorted toppings: fruit, granola, seeds, nuts, etc
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen fruit. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender in the order listed. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. The smoothie will be very thick.
- Pour into a bowl and add toppings. Store any leftover smoothie covered in the refrigerator for up to 8-10 hours.
- Frozen Fruit: The key to the smoothie’s super thick texture. You can use 1 cup frozen mango instead of the banana or 1/2 cup frozen mango instead of the frozen pineapple. Just as tasty!
- Coconut Water: I use a pineapple flavor coconut water. Any kind works. Milk can be substituted for the coconut water. Sometimes I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk instead. Any milk works.
Keywords: green smoothie bowl