Healthy energy bites made from 5 simple ingredients. Perfect for on-the-go!
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 Tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1/2 cup + 2 Tablespoons old fashioned rolled oats
- 1/4 cup ground flax
- 2 Tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- optional: dash of salt to taste and dash of ground cinnamon
- optional for rolling: cocoa powder, cinnamon sugar, melted chocolate, or toasted coconut
- In a small bowl, melt the peanut butter and honey in the microwave in 10 second increments, stirring after each increment until completely melted and combined. Set aside.
- In another small bowl, combine the oats and ground flax. Pour peanut butter/honey mixture over dry ingredients and stir until fully combined. Add more oats if the mixture is too moist. Stir in the chocolate chips, which will slightly melt upon contact.
- Add salt and/or cinnamon to the mixture if you prefer. Roll into 14 balls. I rolled the balls into cocoa powder, but that’s optional.
- Store the bites in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days or in the refrigerator up to 1 week. Bites freeze well for up to 3 months.
- Gluten Free: Bites are gluten free if using certified gluten free oats.
- Customize These! These bites are highly adaptable. Add in you favorite nuts or seeds. Add more oats if the mixture seems too moist and likewise, add more melted peanut butter & honey if the mixture seems too dry and crumbly.
Keywords: healthy peanut butter chocolate energy bites, energy bites