Sweet and creamy butter with honey and a pinch of sea salt. Unbelievable on just about anything.
- 1 cup (230g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature*
- 1/3 cup (113g) honey
- 3 Tablespoons (23g) confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon sea salt*
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Beat in the remaining ingredients, starting with only 1/4 teaspoon of salt. Beat on medium speed until completely smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula as needed. Taste. Add more salt (up to 1/4 teaspoon) if desired.
- Serve with a drizzle of honey and/or a sprinkle of sea salt. Cover leftovers tightly and store in the refrigerator for up to a week or so.
- Freezing Instructions: For longer storage, you can freeze the honey butter. To do so, chill the honey butter in the refrigerator and then spoon onto a piece of plastic wrap. Then wrap it up tightly with a couple layers of plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 2 months. Thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
- Butter: Salted butter works too– you can leave out the sea salt. Or keep it in for a more profound salty/sweet flavor.
- Salt: Start with 1/4 teaspoon of sea salt and add more as you please.
- Try adding a pinch of cinnamon! Mmm…
Keywords: homemade honey butter, honey butter recipe