Ditch the processed stuff for this fabulously flavorful and zesty homemade Italian dressing. It tastes 1,000x better than store-bought and you have complete control over the amount of herbs and spices!
- 3/4 cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil*
- 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine vinegar*
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1 Tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced onion (I use dried minced onion)
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon honey or granulated sugar (imperative to balance out that vinegar)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid. Shake until the mixture well-combined. Taste the dressing and add more herbs or seasonings if desired.
- Store the dressing in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks. Shake before using.
- Oil: Instead of olive oil, you can use a neutral flavored oil such as vegetable or canola.
- Vinegar: You can use red wine vinegar instead of white wine. I do not suggest any other vinegars.
Keywords: homemade italian dressing, italian dressing