If you like peanut butter and honey, this easy homemade granola is for you.
- 1/4 cup (60ml) coconut oil*
- 1/3 cup (120ml) honey
- 1/2 cup (124g) honey roasted peanut butter*
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups (255g) old-fashioned rolled oats*
- 1 cup (140g) honey roasted peanuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- optional: 1/2 cup (90g) peanut butter chips
- optional: 1/2 cup (100g) mini or regular size M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 300°F (149°C) degrees. Line one large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large heat-proof bowl, microwave the coconut oil and honey together for about 30 seconds. Alternatively, you may melt these ingredients together in a small pan on the stovetop. Remove from the microwave and using a fork or rubber spatula, stir until they are melted together and smooth. You may need to microwave it for 10 more seconds or so. Stir in the peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Add the oats, peanuts, and cinnamon. Toss the mixture to coat everything. Make sure all of the oats are moistened.
- Spread onto the prepared baking sheet (it usually always fits onto just one– if too crowded, use two baking sheets and bake at the same time on different racks) and bake for 35 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes or so. Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool for 10 minutes, then sprinkle the peanut butter chips and M&Ms on top. Stir everything together gently on the baking sheet. Allow to cool completely before enjoying.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: Granola is the perfect recipe to make ahead because it stays fresh for so long. Store this in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 weeks. You can also freeze it for up to 3 months.
- Oil: Either canola or vegetable oil instead of coconut oil is fine. If using either of those, you do not have to melt it with the honey in step 2. Simply whisk it with the honey.
- Peanut Butter: If not using my homemade honey roasted peanut butter, simple use your favorite brand. Keep in mind that you may need to use 1/2 cup of honey (instead of 1/3 cup) if your peanut butter isn’t slightly sweet like the homemade honey roasted peanut butter is.
- Gluten Free: Use certified gluten free oats if intolerant.
Keywords: honey roasted peanut butter granola, peanut butter granola