Cold and refreshing, this 4 ingredient strawberry lemonade is sweetened with honey and full of flavor. It’s a healthier homemade alternative to sugary lemonade drinks.
- 1 and 1/2 pounds strawberries, washed and halved
- 6 cups water
- juice of 4 Meyer lemons*
- 1/2 cup honey (or to taste)
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the strawberries. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Add the strawberries,* 2 cups of water, the lemon juice, and honey to the blender. Blend on high for at least 2 minutes or until smooth. Pour into a large pitcher and stir in the remaining water. Taste. Stir in more honey if you’d like it sweeter.
- Serve over ice. Enjoy!
- Lemons: If using regular lemons, keep in mind that Meyer lemons are naturally less acidic and somewhat sweeter. So, you might need to add more honey. Simply taste it and add more as you please. For strawberry limeade, simply use the juice of about 6 limes instead.
- Strawberries: If you’d like to strain the strawberries, I suggest blending them with only 1 cup of water, then straining into a pitcher. Then stir in the remaining water, lemon juice, and honey. Not straining is best, though. You get all the strawberry goodness!
Keywords: honey sweetened lemonade, strawberry lemonade