6 ingredient peanut butter ice cream pie that’s lightened-up. Go ahead, have another slice!
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 2 cups reduced fat Oreos (about 18 Oreos)
- 5 Tablespoons (1/3 cup) unsalted light butter, melted (or full fat butter)
- one 8-ounce container fat free Cool Whip, thawed OR 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 quart light peanut butter ice cream,* softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces, crushed
- Make the crust: Combine the crushed cookies and melted butter. Press mixture evenly into the bottom and up the sides of a nonstick 8-inch springform pan. Set aside.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, mix the Cool Whip and ice cream together until softened and combined evenly. Spoon 1/2 of the mixture into prepared crust. Melt the peanut butter and drizzle half over the filling. Layer the rest of the filling on top and drizzle with the remainder of the melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Pieces. Cover and freeze for about 6 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften before slicing. Keep chilled in the freezer up until you serve the pie.
- Ice Cream: Any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt will be fine. Make sure you check the size of the ice cream carton. Most cartons are 1.5 quarts. You only need 1 quart for this recipe.
Keywords: light peanut butter ice cream pie, peanut butter ice cream pie