This is a really easy peanut butter ice cream pie on top of an Oreo cookie crust.
Oreo Cookie Crust
- 22 regular Oreo cookies (not Double-Stuf)
- 5 Tablespoons (72g) unsalted butter, melted
- one 8-ounce container Cool Whip, thawed
- 1 quart peanut butter ice cream,* softened
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup Reese’s Pieces, crushed
- Make the crust: In a food processor or blender, pulse 22 Oreos (including the cream filling) into a fine crumb. You should have about 2 cups (packed) crumbs, or 250g. Pour crumbs into a large bowl. Add the melted butter and stir to combine. The mixture will be thick and quite wet. Try to smash/break up any large chunks. Pour the mixture into a nonstick 8-inch springform pan. With medium pressure using your hand, pat the crumbs down into the bottom and up the sides to make a compact, thick crust.
- Make the filling: In a large bowl, mix the Cool Whip and ice cream together until softened and combined evenly. Spoon 1/2 of the mixture into prepared crust. Melt the peanut butter and drizzle half over the filling. Layer the rest of the filling on top and drizzle with the remainder of the melted peanut butter. Sprinkle with crushed Reese’s Pieces. Cover and freeze for about 6 hours or until firm.
- Before serving, allow to sit at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften before slicing. Keep chilled in the freezer up until you serve the pie.
- Cool Whip: Feel free to use prepared homemade whipped cream instead of Cool Whip. You will need the whole recipe for homemade whipped cream.
- Ice Cream: Any kind of ice cream or frozen yogurt will be fine. Make sure you check the size of the ice cream carton. Most cartons are 1.5 quarts. You only need 1 quart for this recipe.
Keywords: light peanut butter ice cream pie, peanut butter ice cream pie