Soft, thick, and puffy cookies filled with peanut butter M&Ms and sprinkles, then smooshed together with a marshmallow PEEP. Dangerously good!
- 3/4 cup (1.5 sticks or 170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg, at room temperature*
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250g) all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 and 1/4 cups (250g) peanut butter M&Ms (or regular M&Ms, peanut M&Ms, chocolate chips)
- 1/2 cup sprinkles
- 20–24 PEEPS marshmallow candies
- In a large bowl using a hand-held mixer or stand mixer with paddle attachment, beat the butter for 1 minute on medium speed until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and granulated sugar and mix on medium speed until fluffy and light in color. Mix in egg and vanilla. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed. In a separate bowl, combine flour, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be quite thick. Add the peanut butter M&Ms and sprinkles and mix for about 5 seconds until evenly disbursed. Cover dough tightly with aluminum foil or plastic wrap and chill for at least 1 hour and up to 2 days. Chilling is mandatory for this cookie dough.
- Remove cookie dough from the refrigerator and allow to sit at room temperature for 10 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Once chilled, the dough will be slightly crumbly, but will come together if you work the dough with your hands as you roll into individual balls. Roll balls of dough, about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough each, into balls. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until barely golden brown around the edges. They will look extremely soft when you remove them from the oven. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet. If the cookies are too puffy, try gently pressing down on them with the back of a spoon. They will slightly deflate as you let them cool. Transfer to cooling rack to cool completely at room temperature. Then stick the cookies into the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. You need cold cookies to make the sandwiches.
- Arrange two PEEPS onto half of the cold cookies. Microwave, one by one, for 8-12 seconds until the PEEP begins to puff up. Depending on your microwave wattage, do not microwave for any than that or your cookie will fall apart and be too fragile to pick up. Smoosh another cookie on top creating a sandwich. Cookie sandwiches taste best right after they are made. Cookies (without PEEPS) stay fresh at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Egg: Room temperature egg is highly suggested for this cookie dough. It will disburse more evenly when mixed. To bring the egg to room temperature quickly, drop into a cup of warm water for 5 minutes.
- Be sure to check out my top 5 cookie baking tips AND these are my 10 must-have cookie baking tools.
Keywords: peeps cookie sandwiches