Feel free to add chocolate protein powder and/or a handful of spinach if desired. Smoothie is gluten free as written.
- 3 small frozen very ripe bananas, previously peeled & sliced
- 2 heaping Tablespoons (12g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (120ml) unsweetened almond milk or regular milk*
- 6 oz (181g) nonfat Greek yogurt*
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Make sure you have a strong, powerful blender that will blend up the frozen banana. I like this Ninja or this Vitamix.
- Add all of the ingredients to the blender, in the order listed, and blend until thick, creamy, and smooth – about 3 minutes. Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Taste and add more peppermint extract if needed. Add more cocoa powder for a stronger chocolate taste. Add more milk to thin it out if desired.
- Milk: The milk can be any milk you like– skim, 1%, 2%, almond, soy, coconut. I always use unsweetened vanilla almond milk.
- Yogurt: The yogurt can be any yogurt you like– vanilla Greek yogurt, plain Greek yogurt, plain yogurt, vanilla yogurt. Non-fat or low fat.
Keywords: skinny mint chocolate milkshake