The creamiest homemade ice cream, made with just four ingredients and no ice cream maker required, is sandwiched between two soft ‘n chewy M&M cookies to make the ultimate summer treat.
Whenever I make ice cream sandwiches with homemade cookies, I like to make the cookies a day or two ahead of time to save time on ice cream sandwich day (can we make that a thing?). This way the cookies are ready to go and the dirty dishes are long gone. Hopefully.
This is the easiest ice cream in the entire world. There is no churning. There is no ice cream maker. Four ingredients. All the flavor! One of my favorite parts to this homemade ice cream is that it is so soft and creamy. PLUS. You can use this base ice cream recipe for a variety of homemade ice creams. Just add different add-ins and toppings.
Heavy cream, heavy whipping cream, or double cream can all be used here. The only difference between them all is their milk fat percentage, but any of them make an extraordinary base for this easy homemade ice cream. The key to the mix? The sweetened condensed milk. This thick milk sweetens the ice cream while giving it that rich, creamy texture.
Also in the no-churn ice cream: vanilla extract. This gives the ice cream a little flavor. The three are beaten together until thick and smooth.
Next, add some M&Ms. Be careful folding these in as they can bleed a little color.
Now, taste it. Isn’t that amazing?
Pour this homemade ice cream mixture into a plastic container or bowl, cover, and pop in the freezer. Congratulations you now have homemade M&M ice cream.
BOOM. The ultimate summer treat.Print
The creamiest homemade ice cream, made with just four ingredients and no ice cream maker required, is sandwiched between two soft ‘n chewy M&M®cookies to make the ultimate summer treat.
- Make the ice cream: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla together on high speed until thick and smooth, about 4-5 minutes. Carefully fold in the M&M’s. The M&M’s can bleed their color, so be careful when adding them. Spoon/pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container or bowl. Cover tightly and freeze overnight. Ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the cookies according to the recipe’s directions. Cool completely.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Take a large scoop of ice cream and sandwich it between two cookies. Feel free to roll the sides in crushed M&Ms, chocolate chips, or sprinkles. Freeze the sandwiches until ready to eat. See my tip below this recipe.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: The baked cookies and prepared ice cream can both be prepared in advance. The ice cream needs to freeze overnight before using, but is tasty for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. The baked cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- No-churn ice cream method from Martha Stewart
Keywords: ice cream cookie sandwiches, M&M cookie ice cream sandwiches
You can prepare these cookie sandwiches ahead of time. Simply prepare the cookies and ice cream, assemble the sandwiches, wrap each tightly in plastic wrap and freeze. Perfect straight from the freezer for a cool treat.