The creamiest homemade ice cream, made with just four ingredients and no ice cream maker required, is sandwiched between two soft ‘n chewy M&M®cookies to make the ultimate summer treat.
- Make the ice cream: Using a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with whisk attachment, beat the heavy cream, sweetened condensed milk, and vanilla together on high speed until thick and smooth, about 4-5 minutes. Carefully fold in the M&M’s. The M&M’s can bleed their color, so be careful when adding them. Spoon/pour the ice cream mixture into a freezer-safe container or bowl. Cover tightly and freeze overnight. Ice cream can be stored in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
- Make the cookies according to the recipe’s directions. Cool completely.
- Assemble the sandwiches: Take a large scoop of ice cream and sandwich it between two cookies. Feel free to roll the sides in crushed M&Ms, chocolate chips, or sprinkles. Freeze the sandwiches until ready to eat. See my tip below this recipe.
- Make Ahead & Freezing Instructions: The baked cookies and prepared ice cream can both be prepared in advance. The ice cream needs to freeze overnight before using, but is tasty for up to 2 weeks in the freezer. The baked cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- No-churn ice cream method from Martha Stewart
Keywords: ice cream cookie sandwiches, M&M cookie ice cream sandwiches