Baked hard pretzels seasoned with lemon pepper, dill, and garlic powder. You will not be able to stop snacking on these!
- 1 bag hard pretzels (anywhere from a 12 – 16 oz bag is fine)
- 3/4 cup oil (canola, vegetable, olive)
- 1 and 1/2 Tablespoons lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- optional: additional spices – see notes
- Preheat oven to 200°F (93°C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Break the pretzels into pieces. Place them in a large zipped-top bag. Add the oil and the spices. Shake it all together very well. Sometimes I shake it, let it sit for a minute, and shake it again. You want every piece coated very well. If you find there aren’t enough spices coating the pretzels, add more spices to your tastes. Sometimes I add up to 2 full Tbsp of the lemon pepper.
- Spread the pretzels onto the prepared baking sheet. If they don’t all fit in a single layer, use two sheets. Bake for 50 minutes, making sure to stir the pretzels around two or three times during baking. Remove front he oven and allow to cool.
- Pretzels stay fresh covered tightly at room temperature for 3 weeks. They won’t last that long!
- Additional Spices: (1) Sometimes mom adds 1 packet of Hidden Valley dry ranch seasoning. If you choose to do this, reduce the spices to as follows: 1 teaspoon lemon pepper, 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon dill weed. (2) Sometimes I add up to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper for a little heat. Add however much you can stand! (3) Sometimes I add 1 teaspoon onion powder and reduce garlic powder to 1 teaspoon.
Keywords: seasoned pretzels