My very favorite recipe for pizza dip. Loaded with your favorite pizza toppings, this lightened-up pizza dip comes together in a snap and is gobbled up even quicker.
- 8 ounces low fat (or full fat) cream cheese, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt (or full fat or low fat or sour cream works too)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup pizza sauce (homemade or store-bought)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- toppings such as: 1-2 Tablespoons sliced black olives, 1/4 cup mini pepperonis,* 1/2 cup crumbled cooked sausage, 1/4 cup chopped green pepper etc.
- 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan
- ground basil, to taste
- ground oregano, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Using a handheld or stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, and garlic powder in a medium bowl until smooth and creamy. Spread into the bottom of a 9-inch pie dish, cake pan, or similar size casserole dish.
- Spread the pizza sauce evenly over the cream cheese layer. Sprinkle evenly with cheese. Top with your toppings of choice, then sprinkle with grated parmesan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with basil and oregano. Serve hot with your favorite chips, raw veggies, pita wedges, etc. Cover any leftovers and store in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Make Ahead Instructions: You may assemble this dip up to 1 day ahead of time. Cover tightly and refrigerate. Before serving, bake as directed.
- Mini Pepperonis: Several pieces of regular size pepperoni also work. I used turkey pepperoni in these pictures.
Keywords: pepperoni pizza dip, healthy pizza dip