Creamy cheesecake bars on a simple graham cracker crust with a thick Nutella swirl.
- 10 full-sheet graham crackers (or 1.5 cups graham cracker crumbs)
- 6 Tablespoons (90 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 16 ounces cream cheese (2 standard packages or 450g), softened to room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (100g) Nutella, slightly warmed*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a 8×8 baking pan with aluminum foil with enough overhang on the sides. Set aside.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor or blender, pulverize the graham crackers into a fine crumb. Pour into a medium bowl and mix with melted butter and sugar. Press into the lined pan. Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool as you prepare the filling.
- Make the filling: Beat cream cheese, egg, sugar, and vanilla extract together with a hand or stand mixer until smooth and creamy, about 3 full minutes. Spoon filling onto the crust. Drop large spoonfuls of Nutella on top of filling and swirl gently with a knife.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the cheesecake has set up and the edges are lightly browned. The bars will be very puffy, but will sink slightly down as they cool. Allow to cool for 30 minutes at room temperature on a wire rack and then chill in the refrigerator for at least three hours. Lift the foil out of the pan and cut into squares.
- Store bars in a covered container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
- Nutella: To make the Nutella easy to swirl, you may do 1 of two things. (1) Simply measure 1/3 cup of it into a small bowl and microwave for about 15 seconds. (2) Alternatively, you may sit the entire Nutella container into a large bowl of warm water for about 15 minutes.
- Double Batch: Recipe can easily be doubled and baked in a 9×13-inch pan, baking time will vary – about 45-55 minutes.
Keywords: nutella cheesecake bars