Super-moist banana bread swirled with Nutella and peanut butter cups. There won’t be a crumb leftover!
- 3 very ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup (125g) creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup (67g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups (190g) white whole wheat flour or all-purpose flour (spoon & leveled)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chopped Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups* (about 12 Reese’s miniatures)
- 1/3 cup (60g) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tablespoons (56g) Nutella
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Spray a 9×5 inch loaf pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside. In a large bowl, whisk together bananas, peanut butter, oil, egg and sugars.
- Pour dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until just combined. Batter will be very thick. Do not overmix. Fold in Reese’s cups and chocolate chips. Spread batter into prepared pan. Drop 3 tablespoons of Nutella on top of bread in a row. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake for about 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Baking times may vary. Let cool in loaf pan for 10 minutes, then loosen the edges of the pan with a knife and remove from loaf pan, transferring bread to a cooling rack. I let my bread cool for about 2 hours before cutting into it.
- Bread stays fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week.
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups: These are totally optional. If you leave them out, add 1/2 cup more semi-sweet chocolate chips, if desired.
Keywords: peanut butter nutella banana bread, nutella banana bread